Friday, June 24, 2011

Scott's Swiss Ham Sliders






Okay ladies...here is a fast little ditty for a brunch! It is my hubby's go-to when they are short on time and need something FAST. So if it works for a hectic fire station, it will fit the bill for a home full of hungry children, guests or a leisurely last minute breakfast picnic!

Scott’s Firehouse Swiss Ham Sliders



Ingredients:

Mayonnaise

Dijon mustard

12 slices of Black Forest ham or garlic turkey

12 slices of Swiss cheese

24 pack of Sliders Mini Buns {available at Franz Bakery outlet, Cash and Carry, and Beaverton Bakery}



Sauce: {Melt together}

½ cup melted butter with 1 small clove of pressed garlic

2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard

2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Directions:

*Open buns. Spread mayo on one half and mustard on the other half.



*Place a 1/2 piece of ham on one half and ½ slice of cheese on the other half.



*Place top of bun on bottom half and place in baking pan {9x13}

*After sauce has been mixed together, using a pastry brush {SILICONE IS MY FAVORITE!}…brush tops of sliders with yummy sauce!




*Cover with tin foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sliders are golden brown.

*SIMPLY...PRESENTATION: Serve each slider in a cupcake liner or homemade slider pouch using the cupcake liner folded in a half-moon for your template!

SERVE AND ENJOY!

NOTE: To those of you who will not touch pork with a 10 foot pole: Slice avocado and thin slices of tomato or red onion slices with cheese and avocado. You get the idea!

Another note: If you want to give the kiddies something fun to do...have them take a round cookie cutter and make cheese rounds and ham rounds to fit the sandwiches perfectly!!



Do you have a favorite no-fail brunch recipe?

Happy Happy Friday!

*****DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE DIVINE TWINE GIVEAWAY!

shared with: recipes to run on, comfy in the kitchen, titus 2sday, bowl full of lemons

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy and I love poppy seeds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great brunch idea and something my family would just love. Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, my family would love these as well!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious! LOVE ham and cheese! Your menu board is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pass the compliments on to my hubby!!! Actually he has probably already read the comments! :}

    Please let me know how you like them!

    Love to YOU ALL!

    Lisa Pearson

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious and easy! (a wonderful combination!) I am so happy to have found your blog! I love finding other Christian bloggers! Thanks so much for the email you sent me! :) I hope to talk more soon! Hope you have a wonderful week! :)
    Crystal
    Homemaker in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, i absolutely love your playlist. Some of the songs I have not heard in a while and some are new to me. I really needed it tonight. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa these look so yummy! I think I will make them for lunch one day this week. Have a blessed week, my friend.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Crystal!

    Liz...I can't wait to hear how you liked them!

    ReplyDelete