Saturday, June 11, 2011

Recycled Drink Carriers





Stepping up to help with those who are in need is not always convenient. It can be a challenge to be taking care of your family while others need help.
Over the years, it has become so evident that God supplies us with the energy and the means to help even if it is in the tiniest of ways.
What a gift to be able to pass down to our children!
In most cases words of comfort can be difficult, but when taken before the Lord…He will prompt our hearts!

Over the years, it has become quite fun to collect recycled drink carriers. My friends save them for me and my parents have taken this quite seriously. They travel a lot and they carefully bring the drink carriers back with them! Sometimes they are in-hand as I pull up to pick them up! They even document what State and place they are from which makes it even more fun to give away.





I know...I get laughed at, but seriously they are perfect for toting all sorts of things and when you have had as many spills in your car as I have had {and they are not from sippy cups and sandwich condiments!}…you appreciate the small things in life.

Let me see if I can keep the list short:

*berry parfaits

*drinks

*fresh garden flowers: Just recycle a used cup...









*”buckets” with chips and one little jar for salsa

*hot soup

*cupcakes with tons of frosting

*silverware caady with an extra cup for napkins

I wont bore you, but hopefully you see they are super convenient to keep on hand!
My favorite thing to do if I have no time is this:
I set two mini bottles of sparkling water, a jar with fresh slices of limes and lemons…sliced really thin, and a cup with fresh flowers or herbs from my yard. So simple and so sweet!
Let’s remember to comfort those around us!
“comfort, comfort my people, says your God” Isaiah 40:1

How is it that you comfort those in your life? Do you have any simple ideas? We would love to hear them!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I love sharing with others and this is such a neat way to 'carry' items. Thanks for the info re: the berry parfaits too!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete