Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Meet My Friend Monday"...Sonya from Becoming a Strong Woman of God



Sonya is one of those gals who I was just drawn to because of her genuine spirit! She doesn't claim to have an answer for everything and she has her ups and downs just like me and like you...but she knows who she can depend on in the midst of life's hard times.

She loves Dr. Pepper, Mexican food, and sitting in airports people watching!!

Every time I read her blog, I am challenged in some way and I wanted to pass on the tremendous encouragement to YOU!

She is one busy momma...but is determined to become a strong woman of God! Not just a woman of God, but a STRONG woman of God. I know you will be drawn to Sonya and most importantly, you will be directed to the strength and hope God has to offer YOU!


Welcome Sonya to SIMPLY...THIS.THAT.AND THE OTHER!

"My name is Sonya, it is a blessing to meet you. I am married to Jeremy known as Jay. We have been married for 10 up & down years. We have 3 amazing sons, Justin (20), Wade (13), and Peyton (8) and would love to add another to our family if the Lord is willing.


We are a military family with a lots of ups and downs. I first started this blog to document my weight lost last year however 2 months into it, the Lord had something us in mind, a ministry. Now I blog about being a mother, parenting, my personal walk and whatever the Lord puts on my heart to share.

I am a servant of Jesus Christ and love sharing Him with others. Broken is Scared is how we come to God. No matter what we have done in our life He will forgive and restore us. There is no perfect people or perfect life, just broken and scared serving God.



I take the roles that the Lord has entrusted me with, a wife & mother, very seriously. I love taking care of my family, working out, scrap booking, spending time with friends and reading a good book. When we are not busy serving our God we are on a baseball field somewhere with our 2 youngest sons."





As a mom of 3 boys, it is very important that I teach my sons how to fight the battle that they face every single day, THEIR SIN, TEMPTATION, & DEPRIVED MIND over youthful lust.

Teaching them to CRY out to God to give them strength, mercy, a renewed conviction to be able to flee youthful lust so they can fight this war against their sins, temptation and deprived mind.




My boys are 20, 13, & 8 and this battle starts earlier and earlier. There are women everywhere we go. The news stands, the store, friends, even church.  Teaching my sons to pray, engage in scripture, listen to music that is soothing to their minds, and most importantly to be able to look away when tempted, is to equip them to fight this battle with God by their side and not by themselves.




Proverbs 31:30 


"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who 


fears the LORD is to be praised"



LUST is powerful, real and aggressive and does everything to lead them down the road to death!





It is a battle every day, one that will devour our sons if we dont equip them to seek God in this battle instead of the flesh.  As a mom of boys, I dont believe that women FULLY grasp that the temptation towards LUST..............never stops! Its like a brush fire, that can get out of control very quickly if not sure how to fight it. 



Matthew 5:28-29 


"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."






Women have a choice to HELP or DETOUR the goal of lust that our sons are facing on a daily basis! I am challenging you to HELP our sons to detour the goal of lust in their life by taking in these words and asking God how you can make a change to help sons detour from lust!


They are faced with women every day by what they are wearing, how they walk, how they talk, how they act, not even taking into account that this is bait for their sinful mind for them to latch on to. Now please note that I am not stating that mens actions are ALL womans fault. I am saying that both MEN and WOMEN have their parts when it comes to not causing each other to stumble and only through seeking God will both know what that is.


Raising boys who are commented to purity and women that are committed to modesty is my challenge to you as moms.  



Helping our sons to detour from lust by centering on God and not themselves. That women will rise up and serve their brother by not following the pattern of the world and following scriptures demands!








Thank you, Sonya.

Please be sure to visit her blog soon!



4 comments:

  1. Lisa your words humble me! Thank you for your kindness and encouraging words. I am glad that God can use this broken sinner in ways I never dreamed... Loving Him Greatly ~Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...and that's to both of you!

    Lisa--thankful for your friendship and love these Monday-meet-my-friends.
    Sonya--thankful for the way we've connected this past month...thank you for all your support and encouragement.

    On the topic...we've walked down this painful road (and through many of its effects) during the past 2 years with some close friends-family. It has forever changed my sensitivity to how women dress and act and for the dangers that exist for our boys. I can't tell you how much I agree with what you've written here and what a huge impact all this can have on a marriage and relationship....sometimes rooted in those early teen years.

    Thank you for sharing this...
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara...thank you for your inspiring blog and for taking the time to encourage so many. I am so thankful that Sonya wrote on this. What an important reminder...that it can have long-lasting consequences that can easily tear families apart...shattering lives for generations.

    Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love seeing what you are doing here. I'm sure your encouragement is a blessing and gift to many. Mona

    ReplyDelete