Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Cupcake Display




Ever since last year, I have been on the lookout for a shelf of some sort to use as a cupcake/dessert display to go along with the dresser we found along the side of the road for $10.00. Once you find a steal of a deal, you get really picky and really frugal...knowing there are deals to be found and absolutely not willing to go above a certain amount. My budget was set at $10.00 or less. My hubby already feels like everything is a deal and doesn't feel it is necessary to ask them to come down at all...I know, he is sweet!

Anyhoo a couple of weeks ago, I was taking Caleb to school on a Saturday morning. We drove past a garage sale and I spied the most.adorable.shelf.ever, but if you have young adults and you are on the way to a very important track meet, there is no stopping. Not even for "two seconds". I was really trying to engage myself in conversation and trying worse to stop thinking about the shelf. {Also not worth having an accident over!} Soooo, as soon as Caleb was safely at the school, I drove back through the little neighborhood. Yes, I was in my jammies, tennies and my hair was one big rat's nest...but it was worth the find. I asked the sweet, young mommy how much she was asking for the shelf. She said, "I was going to ask 8, but I'll take 5 because it is broken." I was shocked! No need to try to come down from that! I could not wait to call my hubby at work cause I knew he would be even more thrilled that I bought it for what they were asking for it!

My father-in-law checked it out and gave it his "stamp of approval" and even said it was beautiful! Only a couple of days later he picked it up and fixed it better than new. He is always helping me. OH.HOW.I.LOVE.HIM!! Not just because he is always helping me, but because he is just the best father-in-law in the WORLD!!

SO...now I have a shelf to proudly display cupcakes at a garden wedding this summer!



What are some deals you have found thrifting or garage sailing? I love hearing stories.

Shared with: at the picket fence, tidy mom, frugal friday, pink saturday

11 comments:

  1. That was meant to be, wasn't it. I wish I could tell you about some real scores but we always seem to find what we're looking for because God does provide so I think thinks work out. That is a lovely shelf and a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how darling!!! And it looks like something you would find in a boutique...or maybe a lovely little bakery! :-) And what a deal. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Pink cupcake...


    please visit my Pink too: http://www.charlottev.com/2011/06/03/simple-pink-tutu-2/

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely shelf and it was meant to be yours.
    HPS
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you did good! I love going to yard sales. So often we find special things that have our name on it. =0)
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O*M*G That is awesome! And the pink cupcakes are yummy! I do love yard sales!!! Happy Pink Saturday!

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful find! I love pretty bargins!
    God bless you
    Judy
    http://jmkoriginals.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on scoring the fabulous cupcake shelf! The cupcakes look yummy too! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found a solid wood Taters and Onion bin at a yard sale for $2.00, it needed cleaning and a new screen in the bottom, but that was cheap and easy. Your shelf is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This got me to thinking about a 5 tiered corner shelf stand that I have ($5 also!!)and painting it white and using it for a wedding I am helping decorate on July 2! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank YOU! I would love to see your pictures of YOUR displays. I may have to put them on my facebook page!

    Lisa Pearson

    ReplyDelete