Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No More Popcorn {ceiling}!!!




Not sure how many of you have popcorn ceilings, and if you do, maybe you like them, but with my hubby's allergies to dust, they are a nightmare! They always feel and look dusty, no matter how many times they are vacuumed!

Anyway, a couple of years ago, we {my daughter and I!} watered down the ceilings and scraped the popcorn off...taking full advantage of my hubby's 24 hour work shift! Needless to say...we left the bedrooms alone to work on down the road!

Last year my hubby mentioned the dreaded ceilings and I was not up to another home improvement project, but the idea of putting bead board OVER the popcorn was doable, so that is exactly what we did with my hubby's last couple of days of vacation. Another reason he is THE BEST! I love doing home improvement projects when the whole family is involved...especially an energetic son who LOVES HARD work!

I spent the day at THE.LAKE with great friends and the kiddies and when we got home, the trim was almost done...thanks to my SWEET father-in-law and hubby.

Now for the paint...and sanding of the bed and chest of drawers and mirror!...

What home improvement project do you have looming?

2 comments:

  1. Can I borrow him? LOL! I want that done to all of my ceilings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to let him know he is high demand! :) If you have popcorn ceilings, it is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete