Saturday, August 4, 2012

Today...



Today, I was re-reading our "family rules"...things we have tried to implement over the years...and I must say it gets me a bit choked up...

I decided to change it up a bit for TODAY:

Today, I am going to pray about everything...

Today, forgiveness is not optional...

Today is the day to tell the truth...in the kindest, most genuine way possible...

Today is still a perfect day to have fun and to be creative!!!  Don't pack up the glue gun and twine, yet!

Today is THE day to encourage parents and siblings...share in their sorrow and celebrate in their JOY!

Today is the day to be on my hubby's side.  No matter what the situation may be!

Today is for KEEPING PROMISES...even if I think it has been long forgotten...

Today is for sharing everything...even the last bite of homemade ice cream.  :}

Today is my day to thank God for my family and friends...and even strangers that offer a smile...

Today I am thankful for the CRAZY week ahead where our friends and family will all work together to celebrate and WELCOME a new family member to our little family of four!!!

{ADAPTED from a wall hanging in someone's HOME!}

{I was reminded that I was going to continue to blog during "the wedding season", but quite honestly, there are things you can only capture with a momma's eye and take in and store in a momma's heart.  Truly, I am usually full of chitter chatter and blah blah blah, but today I have decided that there are simply things in life that are not meant to be documented with ink and paper but written on the heart with words that will never be transcribed.  Moments that will be forever remembered by you and forgotten by most...but they are the most exquisite memories a momma and a poppa can share!}

Love to ALL of you until after the wedding!!!

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful, wonderful wedding experience and I hope you can share some of it with us at a later date- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Have a wonderful wedding experience! You are such an inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa!
    I wish you and your family a truly blessed wedding season. I can feel the joy and love all the way up here in Washington! You will have so much to share with us when you return.
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I have been missing you!!! But dear dear friend, I know exactly what you mean about only being able to capture an occasion once! Write with all you have... on your heart... every detail of this very special time! The wedding season will be the sweetest, bittersweetest memories!!!!
    Just know that I am thinking of you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been missing you, too! Thank you for the sweetest, heart-felt comment. I now know what you mean by the "sweetest, bittersweetest memories". Thank you for thinking of me! Love you, too!

      Delete