Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Shower Season


WOW! Is it just out here in Portland that everybody seems to be having babies or is it in your neck of the woods, too?

I just remember the excitement of washing baby clothes and ALL of the cloth diapers and everything else that went along with getting ready to bring our babies home. {HMMMM...that may have been the only time I didn't mind laundry!} OCD and nesting can be a very dangerous combination! Pretty sure our home, cars and toaster never looked so good!

Anyhoo, this last weekend I was able to help a friend throw a baby shower for her daughter. Even though there was not much time to plan...it was do-able by keeping things pretty simple!

I will post about my "PARTY IN A TUB" soon and explain how you can plan a party on your own for ANY occasion at a moment's notice! It can be fun...especially if you delegate a few things. I know. I am learning to let people help!!

 
I always use white as a background color and then usually choose two accent colors



Stamps that can be uses for multiple uses are a great investment.  This stamp has been used for luncheons, bridal showers, thank you notes, and now for a baby shower!



 
 
Here, I used it to help carry the theme.



Since the room was HUGE and didn't really tie in with our theme, I used two IKEA tab top curtain panels {$27, I think} hung on branch limbs that had fallen during a storm.  I let them dry out and they worked out perfectly as a backdrop for our garden/birdie shower!!  Best of all these curtains are also used for table cloths!!  TABS and all...




More branches gleaned from the yard.  A great filler!


 
White dishes and cupcake holders work with any theme...



Dollar store and Goodwill frames and stamps=Perrfect party accents for stamped art or menus!



 
Another reason to collect canning jars of differen sizes!


 
 
Drink containers also come in handy for a simple display!



White craft store letters, ribbon and wainscotting...

 
Leftover wainscotting and a bit of work on the computer.



 
Birch branches from our yard gathered at the corners for a free frame!



Inexpensive chinese take-out containers from Cash and Carry make for quick take home favors. 



Itis never too late to start collecting vintage luncheon plates!  Just think how much money you will save by not having to go out and buy paper plates!!  Happy Party Planning and...


Happy Happy Wednesday!




Shared with: crafty scrappy happy, pink saturday

















8 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa... Everything looked so sweet and precious!
    I loved your birdie stamp... The easel looked gorgeous!
    What were in the little favor boxes? The menu boards were so cute and your banners and little touches were so darling. I loved the Starbucks bottles... You must have been collecting them forever!
    I'm sure your friend was so blessed by your efforts. Can't wait to read about your party in a tub!
    Paula R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely darling baby shower Lisa! You put so much attention into the details and I know the mommy-to-be must have felt so special. I do remember that feeling of taking those tags off the clothes and washing them and putting them in the drawers and how exciting it was! It definitely isn't like that anymore. LOL! :-)
    Vanessa
    P.S. Following you right back on Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is dreamy. Love the wish tree and the frame. And who could resist those bottles with perfectly pink striped straws. Love, love, love.
    I especially liked reading your "About Me," and loved how you started with the most important of all your attributes. :)
    Following on Linky, hope you'll stop by and follow too.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula...THANK YOU! I was planning on putting white chocolate covered pretzels into the favor boxes, but they were all out, so...I put in frosted animal cookies which worked out great! The Starbucks bottles were purchased at Costco. Thank heavens for bulk when you need it. I could not bring myself to buy the milk bottles online. They were $30 for 12 and then almost $14 for shipping and handling! Aside from that, my kiddies loved having them as a treat! You may as well buy the bottles with something yummy inside, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is not just there. I think something got into the water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your PINK is very pretty!
    thanks for sharing...and HAppy PINk SatURday!

    ciao bella.
    Creative Carmelina
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shower ideas! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane (I am #21)

    ReplyDelete