Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Mother's Day Memory

Posted by Picasa


When was the last time you thought about a Mother's Day Memory?

Every Mother's Day is filled with events that become the next year's memory.

I had so many different thoughts as to what I was going to write about but I decided to keep it simple.

Today, I was digging through my stash of handwritten notes. I was looking for my very first Mother's day card from my hubby. As I have said before, I have not been a scrapbooker, but I have saved every note from my hubby. They are all piled into an old suitcase that still has my Dad's name on it. It is the perfect keepsake box.

There, amongst all of my other cards from my family was just THE ONE I was looking for. Still, after all of these years it is one I will always cherish. I wasn't officially a mommy, but to my hubby I was a mommy because I was carrying our child. It was the sweetest day. He blessed me with his affirming words and I felt like the most loved mommy-to-be in the world!

Mother's Day 1991:

"What else can I say honey.
I'm so excited that we're going to have a little baby. I promise to be as sensitive and caring and patient as possible during the next months as well as the rest of our lives. I really do love you sweetie. This card sums it all up. But I just wanted reassure you of how proud I am knowing that together we have a baby to raise together. I'm excited for the day that I can actually hold our child in my arms.

...I have a totally new respect, love, and appreciation for you and new knowledge of how special you really are to me.

I love you sweetie pie and am glad to be home with you again...

Again, I want to tell you how excited I am that together we're having a BABY, BABY!

I love you
Lisa


I Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.





{I love you Scott! Thank you, BABY...for being the best Daddy ever to our children and for making me one HAPPY MOMMA!}

Today I am linking up to the Reluctant Entertainer click on the button below to see what memories others are sharing.

REMINDER: Don't forget to enter the Sweet Pea Baby Giveaway @ Your Homebased Mom!

Home is...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that made me cry. What a sweet husband you have!

    Stopping by from Reluctant Entertainer today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest card I think I have ever written...what a wonderful card and message to have forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that is great. I've saved cards, too. So special.

    Beautiful post! Thanks for linking to RE today!

    ReplyDelete