Monday, February 13, 2012

Party in a Tub


Okay, girls. This should have been blogged about long ago. I really try to think ahead as much as possible to things that I know I can work on that tend to "stress me out".

One thing that could really overwhelm me was trying to pull off a last-minute celebration. Maybe it isn't a big deal for you and if that is the case, I am insanely jealous of YOU! You should be writing this! Anyhoo, I tend to make a big deal out of things that should be kept simple.

Wanting to go over the top is not always an option. It could be a finances, time, lack of energy or just LIFE in general that can keep us from celebrating life’s milestones. I know there have been times when I wished I would have been able to keep things simple without the guilt and there have also been times where quite honestly…the thought of lighting tea light was too much to think of.

Several years ago, I had an extra tub floating around in our garage and I decided right there and then that not everything has to be done with weeks of planning. Especially now with PINTEREST, one can feel very intimidated by parties that are “pulled together” in hours!

All you need to do is this: collect a few things that can be used for a last minute party. It can be whatever you like. Just keep it simple, easy to get to and remember to replace the things that you may start to run low on.

I do keep quite a few of these things in other areas in our home, but it is much easier to grab one container that has everything you need in ONE place. Be sure to include a click-lighter because if your home is anything like ours…all of them will have disappeared when it comes to lighting the candles!

AND if you are simply not up to this project now, it may be something you can start collecting for in the spring when the sun is shining and you have a bit more energy!

One more thing...if all else fails…dim the lights, listen to your favorite music and have someone else light the candles for you…and enjoy the gift of LIFE!

Here are a few things I like to keep in the "PARTY IN A TUB"


The "welcome sign" is a new addition. The ribbon can be replaced with twine or any other ribbon you may want to use. Just another simple touch!
I have found my plain white frames to be amongst my favorite! You can write or stamp a message on a piece of paper or even frame a birthday card and it just makes such a BIG statement...a simple "congratulations" can convey a special message! You can even write on the glass with chalk pens if you like! They can be embellished and used for big party bashes, too! Goodwill always has great frames and the dollar store sometimes carries them two for $1. {That is where I bought the smaller frame that has the birdie picture in it!}
Our "Party in a Tub" is housed in the garage!!
Hope this helps you!
HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!

Shared with:  a bowl full of lemons, pink saturday

12 comments:

  1. Umm. I think that's a great idea... but how 'bout you talk a little of that organized garage! That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! You know nothing is sacred in our home...including the garage, but wouldn't that be boring? I will though if you really want me to write about it! :)

      Delete
    2. Maybe I"ll just come over and you can give me a private tour!

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of a party in a tub. Now...if you put that by a hot tub to use would that be a party in a tub while in a tub?;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am laughing because I totally debated how I should label the tub...and I thought about it even more when it came to blogging about it! We all call these plastic things something different...bins, containers, boxes, storage things! Honestly, I was trying to save on my labeling tape!! But yes, I guess that is what it would be called! I wonder how many disappointed Google searchers will end up on my bloggy. Happy happy Friday. Thank you for the laugh.

      Delete
  3. Lisa... Fantastico!!! I too, was coveting your coordinated, labeled bin storage!
    How generous of Scott to grant you some prime real estate in the garage for your wares.
    Truly--I would just walk in there and stare at those nicely, organized bins.

    The party in a tub idea is terrific! I'm always scrounging for the supplies at the last minute.
    So this is on my to-do list now. That way you're always ready if something comes up. Thanks for the great ideas! Paula R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    So great to be back here! This is a fabulous idea ~ thanks so much for sharing. I am truly amazed at your organizational skills and the number of bins/tubs you have. Can you please come and help me? I don't have much storage space so it would be a test. :-)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by
    Stuff and Nonsense
    and following

    now following back
    via Linky Followers!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky...you can come visit any time!! :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat...we have always lived in a relatively small home. I always look at it as a challenge to find more storage space. I would be up for the challenge. E-mail me, and maybe we can come up with some ideas! :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. How kind of you! I will certainly do it. Probably be 2-3 weeks but I will. Almost through with PT and that will allow a lot more time for me to catch up, etc.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea...preparation makes life easier and less stressed! Happy APril :)

    ReplyDelete