Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cupcake {to-go} Globe



Necessity is the mother to invention...and this morning was not the exception to the rule!

We are celebrating our anniversary today even though it is really really tomorrow! We both take turns planning it and it is my turn to plan this year! I am super excited!

In getting the cupcakes packed for a picnic, I thought I may try a new way of transporting them! I have cupcake carriers for large amounts of cupcakes, but nothing for individual cupcakes.



They needed to travel well and they needed to look nice...so, I packed my hubby's in a leftover parfait cup.



It is just right. The bottom of the cupcake sits snug as a bug in a rug inside the inverted lid...there is a little lip. I just took a bit o' tape to make double sure it would not be slipping and sliding around! It is just tall enough to keep the tall piped frosting from touching the lid and there is plenty of decorating you could do if you wanted. I just used leftover rope from cleaning out Grammy's home.

For mine...since I love glass...I used an old jar tipped upside down. That is it.





The champagne frosted cakes will be traveling in style to our picnic destination! YAY!



*I will be packing two in cupcake globes for the bride and groom who will be getting married this weekend! Do you know why? On our honeymoon it dawned on my hubby and I how much we wished we had been able to enjoy our wedding cake on our wedding. One bite is NOT enough! Even if you manage to get a whole piece of cake...it would be nice to enjoy it after the BIG DAY...or at midnight on the honeymoon! :}

Happy Happy Wednesday to YOU all!


Shared with: women living well, picket fence

5 comments:

  1. great idea for this weekend's bride and groom! We were so busy dancing and visiting at our wedding reception that neither of us had a piece of cake. This will mean so much to them I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, I wish I had one of those cupcakes right now! I am a such a sucker for cupcakes of all kinds. Those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea and your cupcakes are beautiful. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea-you clever girl! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea! I so wish I had a few of those cupcakes right now. You make everything better by the special touches ~ I love that.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete