Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baked Donuts...and donut lollipops




I love a leisurely day of baking! Not baking because we need bread or granola for breakfast, but baking out of sheer pleasure. No rush!

This Saturday, I was craving donuts for breakfast! Well, we had them for lunch, but...who keeps track on lazy, rainy Saturdays anyway? Not me!

ENJOY!


Baked Donuts

recipe from pan packaging


Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups cake flour

1/2 cup sugar

1 1/4 tsp. baking powder {aluminum free}

1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg {fresh ground is BEST!}

3/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup buttermilk

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted


Directions:

Preheat oven to 425*.

Mix dry ingredients together.

Add wet ingredients.

Stir until combined.

Grease mini donut pan.

Fill donut cup about half full.

Bake about 4 minutes.

Let cool a bit.

Top with favorite glaze and don't forget the SPRINKLES!

My favorite donut glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. milk
1/8 tsp. oil

Mix all together until drizzly. Dip donuts in glaze and sprinkle immediately with sprinkles, or the pretties wont stick...and then, they just wont be as cute.

The other recipe I use is my donut muffin one. Just take out the pumpkin and add in butter.

I put some on lollipop sticks...I think they would make great baby shower favors!

Have a Happy Monday!

shared with: comfy in the kitchen

24 comments:

  1. lalala lovely! and yummy! those pictures make me want to go into sugar overload! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a delicious recipe but hubby wants me to cut back on carbs for awhile. BooHoo-no baked donuts for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL pictures! THose donuts are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing Lisa. LOVE YA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gonna have to try these...I have a serious donut lover in the family...gonna need to buy a donut pan though (C:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am already printing these! Yours are so gorgeous and look like they came from a bakery. I hopped over from the Saturday Swap.

    I even have the fun little pans but only tried them once. Yours looks so great, we will try them again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa these look amazing. My kiddos and I LOVE donuts. And last time I was at Sur la Table I almost bought one of these pans.... I'll have to go back and grab a couple to try this super recipe. Your photo is gorgeous! Great job!!! Thanks so much for linking to Saturday Swap to share these. BTW, I just joined your Facebook page, not sure how I missed it before! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look adorable! Many of my baking ideas at breakfast aren't ready until closer to lunch, but I agree, that is what weekends are for :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a pretty pastel pink colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMMM. My boys love baked donuts and I've only recently discovered the joy of baking with buttermilk.

    This recipe is a must to try. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time seeing your blog. Love the lollipop idea. I've made baked donuts before from 101 cookbooks but yours are way cuter. Thanks for inspiration! :D I'm going to do this for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made donuts before! Yours look beautiful and delicious...a good combination. :) The pink glaze is my fave! I'm visiting from Tasty Tuesday. Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, your title and picture really grabbed my attention! How fun and they look so good! So girly and pink too!

    I found you over at parade of foods where I posted my recipe (Chocolate Caramel Gooey Bars). You might also like to check out my Love Dare starting today going on till Feb 14th. Would you like to join? I'm now following your blog. Thank you.

    Love, Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ummm....YUM!! I love donuts! Since I have been trying to lose baby weight I haven't had one donut, bc they are usually fried. I am so going to have to make me some of these!

    Would love to have you link it up to our party!
    http://www.between3sisters.com/2011/02/midweek-motivation-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty. I Have been wanting to get a donut pan forever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your donuts are perfectly pink...love them...and I love a donut!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound yummy. I am a new follower and would love for you to link this to my Fridays Unfolded at http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2011/02/fridays-unfolded-4.html

    Blessings,

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look as pretty as they do delicious!!! Thanks SO much for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions! I hope to see you again next week. Oh, and if you have time, come link this up to my Fun w/Food Friday linky too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...the ingredients are simple and the results look yummy! Thx for posting...this will be next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy and pretty ... what more can one ask for :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect timing. I just purchased a donut pan and they kids have been begging me to try it out so I told them this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUM. Where does one purchase a donut pan?? I've never heard of them!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lynn...the donuts pans are available at Sur La Table. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete