Monday, April 30, 2012

Scott's Firehouse Sunday Brunch Biscuits



There is something about light and buttery, citrusy and sweet that just shouts "Mother's Day".

If you are searching for a simple sweet treat for Mother's Day brunch or are leaving a subtle hint for your hubby or children to make for you...look no further.

My hubby has been making these forever and a day, but since I refused to buy Bisquick or eat anything that had it in it until here...I missed out BIG.TIME.

Now, Bisquick has taken up permanent residence in our kitchen and even has its very own labeled glass container!



So, if you are short on time, but want to have something fast, easy and YUMMY...this may be your ticket!


Scott's Firehouse Sunday Brunch Biscuits

Preheat oven to 450*

2 cups Bisquick

1/4 cup butter, softened

2/3 cup milk

1/4 cup sugar

Your favorite jam...{I used a peach mango orange with a lemon drizzle}

Directions:

*Mix Bisquick and sugar.  Cut in butter until crumbly.




*Mix in milk until a soft dough forms.








*Drop by tablespoons onto Silpat or parchment paper.


*Make a well in each biscuit and fill with favorite jam.







*Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown @ 450*

*Drizzle with icing after they have stopped steaming.



*Makes about 8 biscuits.


Icing:

2/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon orange juice, lemon juice or water

1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

*Mix all ingredients together until drizzly.





Serve warm and ENJOY!


This and That:

Caleb has mastered the art of making me feel shorter than I am...heels and all!  Standing on his tip toes is no longer required!



...and if I look like I am holding on to him for dear life.  I am...in more ways than one!!!




Laurissa has mastered making homemade cinnamon rolls.  :}


Our little dappled dachshund puppy has mastered her begging skills in cleaning out our very favorite super healthy smoothies!


Happy Monday!!












11 comments:

  1. Oh man those look so good! I can practically taste them as I sit here and figure out what to have for breakfast. Your kids are beautiful! They grow up so fast, don't they?! Have a happy day friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana...a friend of mine referred to them as sunshine biscuits!

      Yes, our children grow too fast! Thank you for the sweet compliment. A momma never tires of hearing that her children are beautiful...love to you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Those biscuits look so good. I'll have to try some with the bisquick I have in the pantry.
    Your kids are so beautiful! Caleb is tall! You guys look great together. Cherish this time with the both of them.... I know you are soaking In every minute. Good for Laurissa mastering cinnamon rolls at her age rather than at 40 as I did, ha! I'm sure David will enjoy her baking skills.
    Have a great day! Paula R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula...thank you! I am definitely slowing down and cherishing the things that must be done.

      Yes, David is going to reap the benefits of miss suzy homemaker.

      Hope you are enjoying your coupon free home! Xo

      Delete
  3. Those look GREAT! AND easy! I can't believe how big your Caleb is! Wow! He sure makes YOU look tiny! Laurissa is just a beautiful girl, too! I hope you have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. Yes, thanks to my hubby we were blessed with Amazon children. Of course, everything looks tall when you are short!

      I hope you get a chance to make the biscuits...love to you. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my yumness. Thank you for this wonderful looking recipe. Pinned it for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good and so easy! I'm going to HAVE to try them.

    Here's my menu:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/menu-monday-5712.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Lisa. What a precious family. Thanks again for visiting!!!!! Your recipes are always so intersting, fun and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm, delish! Your family is so striking...Caleb is very handsome and Laurissa is beautiful...like their Mom and Dad.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete