Thursday, February 2, 2012

Paper Doilie Posies {and a bit of this and that}



Good morning! As I am watching the sunrise this morning, it amazes me that God decides the artistry He will choose to display today! I wonder if that is why the stars sing and the birds chirp and why nature claps its hands! With signs of spring starting to surround us, it reminds me of God's faithfulness and how He is consisitent. Just as sure as we can be that the ocean will continue to roar, that the buds on what seem to be dead branches will bloom, and that the darkness will come...we can be just as confident that with the darkest night...it will eventually collide with the tiniest ray of daylight that suddenly turns into the most beautiful of days! Thank you, God for your promises to us!

I just want to freeze time this week. Do you ever have that feeling? I want life to slow way down and to be able to savor every little bit of it and it just keeps going faster and faster.

I have been planning a baby shower and maybe that is why I am more aware of how fast our children grow up! Sometimes when you are a young momma, you think those days just can't come fast enough when you are chasing a child all day long, balancing a shopping cart with coupons in one hand, a toddler or two outside the cart and a baby in the cart along with the groceries you are trying to grab before the little ones get so hungry and grumpy and are ready for naps! I can assure you...quiet will come and you will long for those hectic days of babies and snuggles. You will have a different kind of quiet and a different kind of hectic! So, if you are at home with babes...LOVE every minute of it. If you have YOUNG ADULTS AT HOME, try to cut out the extras and make them a priority...even if it means helping them study for college tests or digging out the ironing board and iron to press dress clothes because an offspring forgot to do it the night before game day...if you are alone, maybe you need to plan a day to help someone who needs help grocery shopping, maybe cleaning house for a friend who is overwhelmed...even if your home looks like a tornado hit smack dab in the middle! I am sure a tired momma would do anything for an afternoon nap! Just a few thoughts as I try to balance time with the Lord, family, friends, projects...LIFE! This morning I am praising God for HIS grace and mercy through dear friends who offer light at the end of a very dark night and who refresh me through kind words and prayer!


While I was putting the last few touches on the baby shower decorations, I had to cut a doilie down for the cake stand, since I had painted it. Which means food can not sit on it. Why on earth do I make more work for myself...{Talking about cutting out the extras...that is why I was up at 4!} Anyhoo, I had doilie scraps and didn't want to waste, so I thought I may be able to make some posies out of them. They were so easy. All you need to do is to gather it into strips and glue gun the base. Place the posies on a wooden skewer and that is it! I have some green felt scraps I need to cut out for leaves. But NOT today.



Enjoy YOUR Thursday and know that God is more than capable to refresh you!

3 comments:

  1. That is so true about young motherhood. I remember those days well! Never enough hours in the day..or days in the week. I love your doiley flowers...cute. and...I ALWAYS make extra work for myself, too. Duh...xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute posies! (I'm really just checking to see if I truly can leave a comment now--hugs to you if you get this!)Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The posies are so cute....sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete