Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oatmeal Brulee



Good morning, girlies! The sunshine is out and I am a very happy momma! Hubby is home from work today and all the chickadees are HOME! I love it when our home is full!!

My in-laws got back from vacation last week and she told me about her oatmeal brulee she had for breakfast one morning! The oatmeal lover that I am...could not wait one more day to try it. It is DIVINE! Even if you are not a huge oatmeal fan, you may just like it!

Oatmeal Brulee

*Prepared oatmeal as usual



*Sprinkle brown sugar...as much as you like...or think you should have...on top!

*Turn oven broiler to LO

*Set oatmeal {in oven-proof bowl...I KNOW...just making sure!} under broiler until it starts to brown and carmelize. You do not want to burn it or you will be starting from scratch.

Serve with cream and ENJOY!


This and That...

*Caleb starts physical therapy today

*All 450 cupcakes are made for the wedding this weekend! I am so excited...she is going to be the most.adorable. bride ever!

*The mini vintage buffet only has one coat of white-washing and sanding to go for this weekend!



*The sweetest anniversary gift from my hubby arrived...details coming soon!



Shared by: titus2sday, women living well, picket fence, comfy in the kitchen

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are so kind! I am a huge oatmeal lover, too! I'm definitely going to try this in the morning! Love to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog, Sweet Blessings! :)

    This oatmeal sounds very yummy! My kids LOVE oatmeal and could eat it almost every morning. I will have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the oatmeal. I make it often at my own house. I am impressed that you have all those cupcakes made for the wedding. What a big job!

    Make sure you take some wedding pictures including your beautiful cupcakes...AND...WHAT DID YOU GET???? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nana Diana...I will post about the gift either tomorrow or Thursday. So keep your eyes peeled!! The cupcakes took awhile...now for the 14lbs of butter to make the buttercream and frost them...hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only have one question...is the house next door to you for sale?? I think we need to be neighbors so I can run over and sample all of this goodness you share :)

    I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The oatmeal looks delicious. The word "brulee" caught my attention! Will have to try it--soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, I love your profile comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have really been busy and that oatmeal looks delicious. Hope Caleb remembers to take a pain pill before he goes to physical therapy. That really helped Don.

    ReplyDelete