Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cinnamon Focaccia Squares




Okay girls. Here you go. Here is something you can literally "whip up" that is really really really good! This is a great recipe that is sure to please most and it takes minutes to prepare. Perfect for a Saturday morning breakfast or for a late-night snack for HUNGRY teenagers. Yummy enough to take to a friend and beautiful enough for a shower or birthday brunch! ENJOY!

Cinnamon Focaccia Squares
Lisa Pearson

Ingredients:

2 cups very warm water

1 Tbsp. active dry yeast

3 cups bread flour

1 cup all purpose flour {I use half white/wheat}

1 Tbsp. sea salt

1/4 cup butter, melted

Cinnamon sugar

Brown sugar...about 1/2 cup


Directions:



In a large mixing bowl, mix flour and salt. Add yeast and water. Stir with a spoon
until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and is smooth.


Cover dough and let rise for 1 hour.

Pour onto greased cookie sheet or onto parchment paper lined pan or SILPAT.

With greased hands, spread dough on SILPAT. Using your knuckles...spread dough out forming holes in the dough...you will want to form a rectangular shape.

Using a silicone pastry brush, brush melted butter onto bread.

Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar and brown sugar.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until bread is golden brown.

Cool just a tad and cut into squares using a pair of scissors {THANKS MOM!}

Drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze OR dip in melted butter and spread with cream cheese frosting. We are not paying attention to calories here! Aside from that, we are all about comfort food since we are back to winter weather, HOT baths and warm flannel jammies!

Shared with: titus2sday,comfy in the kitchen

18 comments:

  1. Oh ymmuy! This would be perfect when I'm short on time.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would be great with my coffee this morning! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that does sound pretty simple and really delicious. I am going to have to try it soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe Lisa. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so nice, love your ingredient list. I bet it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lisa! I just ate dinner and am full and yet, after looking at your beautful cinnamon rolls and recipe, I could dive right in! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Focaccia is on my list of things I want to make and this looks delicious!

    I'm visiting from LBR and I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks pretty easy and I think I will try it out this week - my neighbor just came home from the hospital with her new baby boy!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness@!! Yep, I'll be making this sometime hopefully sooner than later

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another delicious looking recipe, as always.

    Btw, I have a special something for you on my blog today. Check it out: http://www.ourtaylormadehome.com/2011/04/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love a pot of coffee and a tray of these please! YUM. What a wonderful treat this would be for a lazy Saturday morning. Thanks so much for linking to Saturday Swap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had all kinds of focaccia, but never cinnamon before :), I can't wait to try it! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow! This looks absolutely delish!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yum...can't wait to try this one.

    Joyfully,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh this is my kind of desert! [o= Thank you so much for sharing this.

    Blessings<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete