Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tostada Tartlettes {mini pies}


Does anybody know the difference between pies and tartlettes? I could have looked it up, but ignorance is BLISS!

Taco pie simply does NOT sound near as tantalizing as tostada tartlettes. What do you think?

I forgot about these tempting little treats until a wedding reception this weekend. How yummy and fun to make. Aside from the fact of how cute they are, they are super dee duper easy.

Ingredients:

Pie dough tartlettes made or store bought {I used Trader Joe's pie dough and cookie cutters and a tart tray}

Refried black beans...{I whip mine}

Finely shredded Romaine lettuce, and I do mean as fine as possible...so prissy looking

Shredded Tillamook Cheddar Cheese

Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa {Goodness Gracious! Don't skimp on this}

Directions:

Place beans in bottom of prepared and ready-to-eat tartlettes.

Layer the rest of the ingredients into "pie shell"

Serve at room temp. Be kind and share.

Happy Happy Wednesday!







Shared with:  comfy in the kitchen, stone gable, foodie friday

11 comments:

  1. That looks like a really good recipe. Great photo of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am so glad to see you,
    I love your music! The Tostada Tartlettes are perfect for a gathering of my Bible Study friends. Your recipe looks great. Thank you so much for bringing them to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable and what a great appetizer!!! Thanks so much for linking to Saturday Swap. Have a super weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look yummy ~ perfect for a gathering we coming up!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back :) Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful tartlette recipe. These are just too adorable! I'm featuring it today. I'd love for you to stop by :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tartlette recipe. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! This looks absolutely delish!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! and so easy - love it!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Lisa, this is just too much! I know I should not love Mexican food or anything sorta like it, but I have NO self control when it comes to this type of food. AND make it in individual servings and I am totally hooked! YOur fabulous sounding Tostada Tartletts are going ON THE MENU at StoneGable. Please look for them and a link back to this delicious post next week. Yea! You just made my menu so much more luscious! Thanks so much for all your support and joining us for ON THE MENU MONDAY! OLE!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete