Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream {Christmas Gifts to Give}









I know it isn't even Halloween yet, but some of you want to start thinking about Christmas gifts. If you aren't one of them...you are welcome to visit this post at the beginning of November. How is that?

I am the luckiest ducky in the world because my hubby is one fantastic cook and he teaches me things all of the time. I am his "official taste tester" and he is mine! {Amongst other friends and neighbors}.

Last night, he finally perfected his Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream. TO.DIE.FOR. and the best part about it is that he is sharing it with all of you. Now, we are all lucky little duckies {even though I don't believe in LUCK!}

Thank you, Honey, for workin' on it until you got it "right"! Such the sweetie you are!!!

Here is a fun idea for Christmas gifts or for entertaining during the Holidays. This is great because it can all be made up ahead of time. When dessert time rolls around, all you need to do is to pull out your tray of Homemade Peppermint Ice Cream containers. You may want to make two different sizes. The good news is there is no mess {YAY!} and no clean-up...EVEN BETTER!

Your guests will feel completely pampered and pleasantly full!




Scott's Famous Peppermint Ice Cream

Scott Pearson



INGREDIENTS:

2-1/2 cups milk

2-1/2 cups sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

2-1/2 cups half & half

1-1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract

1 tsp. TORANI PEPPERMINT SYRUP

5 cups whipping cream

2 cups crushed peppermint candies


DIRECTIONS:

• Heat milk until bubbles form around pan.

• Remove milk from heat

• Add sugar and salt, stir until dissolved.

• Stir in remaining ingredients.

• Place into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.


This is such a versatile recipe! Eventually you will come up with your own variations.


Packaging Ideas:

As soon as the ice cream is made. Pour into whatever containers you plan on gifting and place in freezer until needed.

I used Garnish products {soup containers and baker's twine}

I placed four embelished containers in a Take-Out drink container {My friends and family collect these for me year-round! THANK YOU!}

I placed ceadar clippings around the containers and attached a sweet little label with the family's initial to a branch. That is it!


What are some ideas you have for Christmas this year?



Shared with: stone gable, comfy in the kitchen

10 comments:

  1. OH MY!!!! Thank you, Mr. Scott, for sharing your recipe! Can't wait to try it!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice cream looks yummy!

    Well, it's not homemade, but this year everyone is getting a blanket! I tried to do it last year, but didn't start early enough. This year I already have 3 bought! : ) Only 9 more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim...I will be sure to pass the compliment on to Mr. Scott...thank you, bunny

    Carmar...What a perfect gift to give!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I've already been thinking and worry about gifts for Christmas and this provides some great food for thought.No pun intended :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, that looks good! Your containers always look so cool. I really need to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the package!!!! Thank you for your sweet pumpkin comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! This sounds amazing! PERFECT for the holidays! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, my darling friend... stop reading my mind! I have been on the look-out for holiday flavored ice cream! Peppermint... soooooo yummy and I'm adding a touch of chocolate sauce!
    I love the packaging and the sweet Christmas decor! Thanks for this wonderful sweet cold Christmas treat and joining ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!

    We made peppermint milk shakes last night...I cheated and used store bought vanilla ice cream to start with. I'm so glad to have found a homemade recipe for peppermint ice cream. I can tell by the ingredients that this is sooo yummy! Thank you so much for sharing!

    I'm visiting via Yvonne's blog.

    Merry Christmas!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete