Thursday, September 30, 2010

White Chocolate Pumpkin Shells




These little punkins were so much fun to make. They took minutes. I melted white chocolate and added a bit of food coloring. Stirred it and used my silicone pastry brush to brush the inside of my Charlotte flexipan with orange chocolate. I set it in the freezer for about 5 minutes and popped them out. TAAA DAAA! I had made a white chocolate ganache pudding and mixed in a bit of pumpkin and garnished it with nutmeg. The possibilities are endless: Here are some ideas...use them for bowls for candy, put ice cream in them ahead of time. Keep them in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Don't you think they kinda look like tulips? I will keep that as an idea for spring entertaining. You could even make a chocolate initial and stick it in the top of whatever you may be serving etc.

What are your ideas for the pumpkin shells? I love hearing from you! {Especially with the help I got on my chest of drawers. I was amazed at all of your creative ideas! Thank you!}



The next batch I did turned out way better. I didn't blend the colors, so I would have more streaking on the shell for more depth. You can do a lot with the food coloring to make them look pretty realistic. I made vines with marzipan for tendrils, but thought that they looked best plain and SIMPLE! :)

Shared with:


blog button




Katie's Nesting Spot

Yvonne @ stone gable

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea because it is so versatile! For the shells, my first thought is to put pumpkin/cinnamon flavored ice cream in them with whipped cream (like you did) and a dash of nutmeg. I would also love to see it filled with one of the cute candy mixes such as the candy corn/ M&M/ pretzel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Thanks for linking up with me today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you stopped by Nesting Instincts! I've read back quite a bit on your blog and am a follower now. You're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin time is the best time! Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get out, what a super cute and fun idea for serving! I thought you had mashed potatos in yours at first and thought, hm...interesting combination! Glad it's actually something a whole lot yummier inside. But really those pumpkins are such a good idea for adding some seasonal flair to your meal! Thanks again for linking up to A Crafty Soiree! Hope to see you next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I may I want to counsel you some attention-grabbing issues or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to learn even more things about it!
    My blog panic attack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there all, here every person is sharing such knowledge,
    so it's pleasant to read this blog, and I used to pay a quick visit this weblog daily.
    Here is my web-site :: clean my pc

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are nice in support of new users.
    my page > Ferieleilighet Bodrum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Many thanks
    Have a look at my site :: ankle tattoos

    ReplyDelete