Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mini Pecan Pies {in mini clay saucers}


The only thing better than a mini pecan pie...is the BEST PECAN PIE recipe.  
It is one thing to have a cute little pie that is all your own, but it is an entirely different story when it tastes even better than it LOOKS!

My dear Southern Belle friend, Penny made these most.delicious pies several years ago and they were honestly the best pecan pies I had ever had...and that was without the rum sauce, ice cream and whipped cream!
I asked her for the recipe and it was the same one I had {on the back of the Karo syrup bottle}...but her secret was doubling the pecans!
No wonder it tasted oh.so.good!

Thank you, Penny for the sweet friendship and your secret to the yummiest pecan pies...EVER! You girls from the South do know a thing or two about baking!

Since I am slightly obsessed with mini clay saucers, I decided to make mini pies in them for this Thanksgiving.

All you need is 12 three-inch saucers that are not glazed.
Wash them up well and let them dry in a warm oven.

Mini Pecan Pies 
Karo Syrup and Penny Newton

1 cup Karo syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla...I use vodka vanilla or vanilla bean paste
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups pecans...I use 2 cups pieces and 1 cup whole 

1 store-bought pie dough...you will only need 1 of the 2 inside

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*.

Mix syrup, eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter and pecans together.  {YOU gotta love a one or two dirty dish dessert!}

Roll out pie dough.
Using a cookie cutter, use one that is a bit bigger than your saucers.
I got 12 cut outs from one dough.

Line each saucer and fill with about 1/4 cup of your pecan filling.

Place filled saucers onto a baking sheet and bake @ 350* for about 28 minutes.







...and when your little pies are baked and cool, you just may want to box them up so that they don't disappear before Thanksgiving!!






Happy Wednesday!!








6 comments:

  1. We love those pecan tarts. This is a great idea to do them in the little planter/saucer. Thanks- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Those pies are making my mouth water! They look so beautiful, Lisa! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute! I love pecan pie...I think you've inspired me to bake one :)
    Blessings to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, cute deliciousness is all I can say!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Hope to see you there again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look amazing!!! Wish I could gobble them up!!

    ReplyDelete