Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thai Lime & Chili Cashew Chicken



This is it.  It was the only meal I made this last week.  But it tasted so good!  Sometimes, I think food tastes even better than it really is when you are dining with the ones you love most!

I actually had my camera battery charged and managed to take a picture before our "date night" dinner.  Since the lighting is fading quicker...food pictures may look a bit less enticing...and on the flip side...imperfections and burned edges will be much easier to disguise with dark shadows!



Thai Lime & Chile Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces

2 tablespoons sesame oil

1 tablespoon white wine

1 1/2 teaspoons dry chili pepper

1 1/2 teaspoons powdered ginger...fresh is really good, too

2 teaspoons soy sauce

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon chicken base

2 tablespoons olive oil


1 small bunch of green onions, chopped

2 cups of THAI LIME & CHILI CASHEWS {Trader Joe's}


Cornstarch Mix:    Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 2 tablespoons COLD water and mix until the cornstarch is dissolved and looks like milk.  :}  Set aside.



*Let chicken marinade in sesame oil, wine, spices, soy sauce, ginger and chicken base for a while...if time allows.  If not, just mix it all together and set aside.



*Heat oil in wok or in large frying pan.  Add chicken and stir fry until the chicken is no longer pink.  Remove from heat and drain.



*Add back into your frying pan and add your cornstarch mix to thicken it a bit.  Add in the green onions and 2 cups of THAI LIME & CHILI CASHEWS!  Stir and serve over hot Jasmine rice.





Enjoy with Apple Cider, roasted acorn squash, apple slices and SNICKERDOODLE ICE CREAM...OR hot chamomile tea with a hint of sugar.  :}











Shared with Stone Gable



8 comments:

  1. Looks so good! I love that its getting dark earlier.....the holidays are right around the corner! Love to you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, earlier twilight is pure bliss!! Can't wait to see your shop!! Will you be playing music in your shop? My very favorite vintage shop here plays the best music and it adds so much to the atmosphere... :). Maybe Christmas music?? Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Lisa!
    You are just brimming with Autumn yumminess lately!

    I am catching up with my fave blogs. I was away a bit due to my Mom's fall.

    Seeing sweet Laurissa and David at their wedding melted my heart. I remember your post about the day David left home, and his "love" to serve our country. I so enjoyed the images from their blessed day.
    Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Curtis!

    Oh my goodness. How lovely is your new profile picture! It shines with love. You and Scott are such a beautiful couple!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, lynne...you are so sweet. Yes, the wedding was wonderful and the element of military was quite special. Thank you for sharing your joy with us! How kind! I am so sorry about your momma. Is she okay? It was nice to hear from you. Love to you!

      Delete
  3. I love all the pretty pictures, and the food looks so delicious. Just wondering how you roasted your squash...seems like it would be much easier than cutting it up :-)
    Happy Monday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy...hope you got my email about the roasted squash. I'm happy you liked the pictures. Happy Tuesday...love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting take on the rather simple cashew chicken recipe that I have. This looks delicious, and I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another "must try" ! A Trader Joe's f-i-n-a-l-l-y opened in Ft. Worth and one in Dallas...neither very convenient but my daughter and I are going to make a jaunt to one soon. I'm compiling my list of goodies to buy from the recipes I see in different blogs using Trader Joe's products.

    Thanks for sharing this!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete