Friday, September 7, 2012

Snickerdoodle Peach Pie



When I think of AUTUMN, I think of comfy things...like warm blankies, hot apple cider after  chilly, dark walks, candlelight breakfasts, friends, hot soups, family jammie dinners, crunchy leaves,  cozy sweaters, socks, pumpkins and PIE.  And since SUMMER'S heat is going nowhere but UP around here, pie with cinnamon IT IS!  SNICKERDOODLE PEACH PIE, that is!

Snickerdoodle Peach Pie In a Jar

6 half-pint canning jars

Crust:
Purchased :}


Filling:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup  flour 
one 29 oz. can of peaches {I used four cups of fresh peaches…about 6 large ones}
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon pure orange extract

Cinnamon sugar...because it is snickerdoodle peach pie!


Topping:
Whipped cream
Ice cream or BOTH!

Preheat oven to 350*.

Mix all filling ingredients together in a bowl.  Take a 1/2 cup measuring cup and divvy it up between the six jars.  Be generous.  Not skimpy half cup measures.

Roll out one crust {I buy the Trader Joe's brand and it comes with two crusts per package}

Using a canning jar ring, press out 6 pie toppers.

Dust with cinnamon sugar.  Flip over and dust the other side and make a cute little steam vent.  I almost always make a leaf...perfect for AUTUMN, I mean SUMMER.

Place the pie topper on top of filling and press the sides against the edges.

Place the pies on to a cookie sheet to prevent overflow spillage in the oven.

Bake at 375* for about 45 minutes or until pies are bubbly and the crust is golden brown.

Remove from oven and let cool a bit.  This will allow the filling to set and the flavors to meld!

Be sure to share...


PIE BLISS=CINNAMON & PEACHES


 



This is a super duper way to get the exact size of crust for your pie toppers!



sprinkle the top



...then the bottom & don't forget your little steam vent!




Then...place them on your cookie sheet and bake away!

This is what we are enjoying until our hunter gets home...and then it will be rabbit stew or squirrel pot pie...




Shared with: Comfy in the kitchen, Stone Gable, foodie friday


























11 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!! They sounds SOOOO good, too...but I will pass on the squirrel stew..thanks!:>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry...squirrel anything will not come past the driveway! That is what the fire pit is for...and as far as room in the freezer for wildlife? It is filled to the gills with buttercream frosting and berries! :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! And, they sound easy to make...I have a can of peaches in the cupboard. Wonder if you could make these in the small ramekins?
    I'll pass on the squirrel stew too...ughh!
    Blessings to you this weekend ~ hope it feels like autumn :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be fine. I haven't made this pie in ramekins, but I have made berry pies in them. You may just want to adjust the baking time a bit. As long as the filling is bubbly and the pie topped is golden brown...it should be great!! You will have to pet me know if you try it. Love to you, Kathy!

      Delete
  4. Love the flavors and there are still big bags of peaches in my grocery store. Please share this on foodie friday today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane...I will try to find you on foodie Friday. :)

      Delete
  5. Lisa...I made the pies today and tried three different containers. I wanted to do a test run before I served them to company, or gave them away! They look cute....will send a pic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy...I can't wait to see them! Better yet... am anxious to hear how they tasted! Love to YOU! :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even tell you how much I love this...I'm gonna copy cat and also "pin"..I'm new follower visiting from StoneGable On the Menu Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo may...welcome to our little bloggy. I am happy that you like the recipe. I will anxiously wait to hear how you enjoyed it!! Thank you for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  8. This sounds wonderful! When the weather cools down in southern Cali I will have to make these!! Yummy!

    So nice to meet you :)
    Have a blessed week!

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete