Thursday, September 13, 2012

Scott's Firehouse Snickerdoodle Cookies



Scott's Firehouse recipes are easy, fool-proof and FAST! There is not time to diddle-daddle with meals. They can be tasty...but they need to be practical. There is always the possibility of a "call" that can take them away from the firehouse for minutes or for hours. I figure if it works for a REAL.LIFE. FIREHOUSE...it works in the REAL.LIFE.HOME...where we may be putting our own "fires" out!

Never underestimate the power of a CLASSIC SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE!

They are perfect for the beginning of Autumn as the cinnamon makes your home smell oh.so.good!  The ingredients are basic and no muss, no fuss!  


My hubby doubles the recipe and so do I as they are wonderful to pre-package and to freeze...ENJOY!

This recipe is already doubled to assure you have plenty to share.



Classic Snickerdoodle Cookies

In a mixer, combine:
1 cup butter  {room temp}
1 cup shortening {I use organic}...room temp, too
3 cups sugar
4 eggs

Stir together and add to mixing bowl:

5 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Cinnamon Sugar:

4 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix together and place in a shallow bowl or pie plate.

*Preheat oven to 400*
*Once your cookie dough is all mixed together, roll into balls about the size of a golf ball.
*Roll in cinnamon sugar.
*Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.  {I used parchment paper since my Silpats have new homes via GOODWILL!}
*Bake until light brown.  You are going for a soft cookie as they harden after they cool.
*Bake for 10-13 minutes

These are a bit blurry as they were taken out of the freezer!

Happy Thursday!





Shared with:  Comfy in the Kitchen, Stone Gable


15 comments:

  1. Those look/sound wonderful- blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a favorite around our house! There's just nothing like 'em! Have a great evening sweet friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! How much do these harden after they cool? Would you classify these as a crunchy cookie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana...thank you! They harden quite a bit. I'm not a fan of crunchy cookies, so I tend to under bake them a bit. I would classify it as a crunchy cookie if you bake it as directed or a bit longer. I would suggest that you bake a small batch first to see how long it takes to get the texture you are looking for...be it crunchy or a bit softer. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Thamks! I like softer cookies, so I will underbake as you suggest.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE snickerdoodles!!!
    Thank you for sharing this recipe!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snickerdoodles AND considering that 1/4 of the state of Idaho is on fire right now, I am for any fire fighter.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan and Bentley...I guess we should be making Snickerdoodles for those hard working firefighters!! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Happy Monday!

      Delete
  6. Hi sweet Lisa! Bob's favorite cookies are Snickerdoodles... and I have never made them. So I guess I will now! I want to make everything you post! Thanks for participating in ON THE MENU MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yvonne...they are super easy and your hubby will be so happy! Although I can't imagine him being any happier than he already is being married to his Proverbs 31 wife! I can't wait to hear how he liked them. :)

      Delete
  7. Homemade Snickerdoodles are my favorite! BOOHOO for me, I have no oven to bake in, just a toaster oven, but I am saving the recipe for when I can bake them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my daughter's favorite cookies ~ will have to share this with her.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete