Sunday, May 6, 2012

Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread



Here is a simple cream cheese spread that is easy to put together and tastes AMAZING!

I love making food gifts and this one is pretty simple.  All you need to do is package a few bagels together, put the flavored cream cheese into a glass container and deliver it along with fresh orange juice for an easy breakfast to go!

Another fun idea is to go ahead and toast the bagel, spread the yummy cream cheese on the bottom and top it with a slice of cheddar, wrap it and package it along with a small salad, a cupcake and a small bottle of lemonade.  How fun would this be to deliver to a friend, a teacher, a child...?

Boursin Cheese Spread


Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, room temp

2  8oz. packages cream cheese, softened

3 cloves of garlic, pressed

1/2 teaspoon oregano

1/4 teaspoon basil

1/4 teaspoon thyme

1/4 teaspoon marjoram

1/4 teaspoon dill weed

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Directions:

*Blend butter and cream cheese together until smooth.

*Add seasonings and mix well.

*Place into glass jar with a lid and chill overnight.

*Serve at room temp.


{I buy my spices in the bulk section...that way, I am buying fresh spices and only in the amount needed.}

ENJOY!

P.S.  I dropped my camera and broke it.  Oh, YES, I DID!  Anyhoo, Now I know why cameras have permanent straps attached.   :}





Shared with:  stonegable, comfy in the kitchen

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my darling friend! I have been wanting a recipe for Boursin! How wonderful! This is one I will use over and over! HURRAH!
    I miss your visits!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I just purchased some Boursin the other day and it's quite pricey. I like to have it but rarely buy it now. Not only is this a great recipe for me but I will share it too!

    I sometimes forget to tell you "thank you" for sharing these wonderful ideas so I remembered this time. :-)

    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat..You are always so grateful! You are so welcome! xo

    ReplyDelete