Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lemon Bar Meringue Tart



Welcome March and a very HAPPY birthday to my mother-in-love!  She is always spoiling everybody else with her time and love.  We should be having her party tonight, but we decided to celebrate her birthday at the beach on Saturday for something a bit different!  Hoping it is not too wet!!

By the time March rolls around, I am thinking about lemons...not snow!
Lemon bars have always been a favorite, but so is lemon meringue pie.  So, since my parents were coming for dinner last night, I decided to make a combination of both.  That is what you do when you have the best poppa in the world and you know that it has been way too long since you have made him his lemon meringue pie...but you are also secretly dying for lemon bars.

All I did was make a lemon bar crust, a cooked lemon filling, and then topped it with the meringue, baked it and chilled it.  It was so yummy!

But best of ALL was the company and the conversation!


Today is the last day to enter the giveaway!  Have a beautiful day!



Shared with:  at the picket fence



3 comments:

  1. The lemon bar meringue looks delicious. It is our oldest son's (15) favourite pie so I'm sure he would love this version too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I don't normally like lemon merengue, but this looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa... Happy Birthday one day early! I hope someone is picking up some special sweet treat for you, too! So are you both celebrating your birthdays at the beach on Sarurday? That sounds fabulous! We might get more snow this weekend.

    That pie looks divine. I've never tried the meringue, seemed intimidating, but maybe I'll try it.

    So happy early birthday, sweet friend. I wish you a blessed day however you are celebrating. Paula Romer

    ReplyDelete