Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wings of the Dawn


Do you ever have mornings where you wake up full of joy, full of energy, and ready to get the day started...and within seconds your joy seems to escape like a baloon being deflated? Where your energy actually leaves your body feeling weak and limp? It can be a phone call, a letter, a friend at your door, a text or ???

What about sleepless nights spent in prayer only to find out things are actually worse in the morning? Doubt and discouragement can creep in and take hold,and it is easy to feel like God is nowhere to be found, but it is during these times that we can certainly look to God Almighty for comfort.

A few years ago our children went on a missions trip and fell in love with a very special missionary family. Not long after they arrived home, the momma was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It has been heart-wrenching. No other words really can describe it. It hardly seems fair that such an amazing, God-fearing momma would be taken from her family and minisrty. Our family prayed specifically that she would live to see her birthday...and she did. God blessed her with many more days here on earth than what the doctors thought possible, but this dear, sweet momma died this past month. Truly heaven's gain.

This morning her daughter was missing her. Her daddy asked her what made her think of her today. She had made her momma a bracelet and had forgotten to give it to her and she didn't know what to do. What is a daddy to do? I am still sobbing as I type! I can not think of any words to comfort a broken little heart. Not enough love and care in the world can replace a momma.

Please pray for this little one who needs to know that her Jesus can and will meet her pain with HIS grace AND THAT SHE WILL FEEL HIS HAND HOLDING HER TIGHT.

How good to know that we can depend on Him because...

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn,

if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there Your hand will hold me fast.

If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me

and the light become night around me.'

even the darkness will not be dark to YOU."

PSALM 139:9-12

8 comments:

  1. I love you, dear friend. XOXOX, Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those verses Lisa...this morning I did not "rise on the wings of the dawn"...and it was good to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bunny...what a dear, loyal friend you are! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara...I never tire of those verses. I hope you have a great day. Thank you for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad but I know her momma already knows about that bracelet and is watching over her. She will be in my prayers along with her family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,
    That rose is breath taking, it is just beautiful! That is one of my favorite scriptures.
    Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,
    So sorry to hear about this precious momma and family. I will lift them up in prayer....and thank you for those verses they bring such comfort in all different situations.....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donnie, Miz Helen and Rene{your comment isnt showing??} thank you and you are most welcome. I read the verses again this morning and they are so comforting!

    ReplyDelete