Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Note on a Stick




Lately the word mercy has been coming up alot. What does the word mercy mean to you? I know that we have all been shown mercy at some time in our lives...but doesn't it feel so good when it is extended from someone to you? It is so very undeserving and it is usually received with a very humble heart.

Last month when I was sick, I felt like mercy was extended to me. I just had food poisoning...nothing major, but I was showered with kindness. It was a great reminder to me to take the TIME to show others that they do matter. Nothing extravagant. A simple text, a phone call, an e-mail, a flower, a plant, whatever you may have time to do.

If you have small children and are already overwhelmed with the everyday, you may want to come up with one single idea that you will use until you have something else you would like to do. Your little ones may have some great ideas to. Imagine that! What fun to give them a "project" to help others.

Since we all know that getting cards together can sometimes seem daunting, it has helped me to make up generic phrases on the computer and punch them out for quick notes. I make them on white cardstock so that they go with anything. Colored paper may be added for a pop of color. You can easily tape them to the back of sucker sticks or skewers {just be sure to watch your kiddies} with the sharp end cut off.

The notes on a stick can be stuck into plants, herbs, cupcakes, muffins, bread etc.

Plants can be wrapped with wax paper sheets {Cash and Carry} and tied with hair doodles...thank you Rissy!

God has shown us mercy, who is it today that needs to be blessed and comforted?

"I love the Lord for He has heard my voice, He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live." Psalm 116:1-2

3 comments:

  1. I have been shown so much mercy, I will make it a goal to show more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet idea Lisa. Glad you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! it's nice to receive a caring note like this. A must do project - and a good one to do with the kids ;)

    ReplyDelete