Monday, March 7, 2011

A Cookie Jar with "The Fringe on Top"




I hope everybody had a great weekend doing something fun.

We had an awesome weekend which included going to a new restaurant. It was fun celebrating a friend's birthday along other friends. I love entertaining from home, but I have to admit going out was a treat!

In honor of MUNDANE MONDAY, I thought I would post a simple idea for you...just in case you are feeling overwhelmed with your "to do list" for the week. How does that sound?

As tempting as it may be to bake fancy desserts or to purchase pricey ones from the bakery, a little cookie jar can be your new best friend.

The next time you have time to bake cookies, bake up an extra batch and freeze them for a grab and go dessert. If you don't have time to make them, store bought cookies taken from their packaging and placed into a cookie jar will be the talk of the party!!!

If you want to make it extra special, you may want to think about taking cookie bags along, too. Sometimes people are too full to enjoy a cookie after dinner, but it may be a fun snack to eat on the way home or after the kiddies are in bed for the night.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. That is a good idea. Cookies don't last long in my house though so I would have to hide a dozen in the freezer before they made it to the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making cookies for the cookie jar right now :) Happy mundane monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please come make my house cute like this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jar! It reminds me of old-fashioned baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara...I am sure your home is adorable, but I'll come over with my ribbons and bows and label machine! :)

    ReplyDelete