Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Typography DECORATION




Here is a VERY simple decoration that may be applied to any party or shower. A bride's new last name initial, a baby's first name initial, a friend's first name initial etc..

I remember receiving several bridal shower gifts with my new monogram..."P"...instead of..."M" and then after we had Laurissa, we were given a tiny little pink sweatshirt with her name on it. It was so meaningful to see her name. Caleb was also gifted with several gifts with his name inscribed in wood and on a baby blanket. Needless to say, I think a single monogram is special in many different ways.

For the last birthday party I had planned, I came up short on table decorations and I needed to do something FAST, yet simple and NICE. I shopped around my home {major time and money saver!} and took a "P" off of our bedroom wall. I hot glued a ribbon to the top corner and HOT GLUED it to a mini cake plate. It was perfect nestled in with the food and white candles.

Letters may be purchased at craft stores for less than $3.00. Not bad for a nice table decoration. You could always give it as a gift, too. Double savings!



Do you have a quick, fast decorating tip? What is your favorite go-to decorating idea?

Happy Tuesday!

shared with: white wednesday

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Your right, there is something special about seeing your new name or monogram.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea. I love monograms and using initials for things also.

    ReplyDelete