Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waffle Cookie Sandwiches


 


Can I just tell you how EXCITED I am to have found PLAIN WHITE FOOD TRAYS???? SO VERY EXCITED! Thank you, GARNISH!!

These "sweet sandwiches" are as easy as 1.2.3. Really!!!!


Here is what you will need:


1 box of Belgian Butter Waffle Cookies {TRADER JOE'S...where else?!}

leftover frosting...I used leftover cream cheese frosting {recipe is with the Pumpkin Carrot Cake} OR store bought!

Sprinkles

That is it!

I piped the frosting onto the cookies using a pastry bag with a star tip, because I was already feeling guilty about the shortcuts I was taking!! {do you ever feel guilty taking store-bought shortcuts????} :)

Aren't they cute???!!!!


What shortcuts do you take when you have {wasted time doing laundry} put off what needs to be done and wind up short on time?
Posted by Picasa



I think these would make the perfect Easter treats since they are egg-shaped! Instead of brightly colored sprinkles use pastel colored ones...and what about rolling them in lightly green tinted coconut... with pink frosting, of course!?

AND if you have nothing but time on your hands, you could trace the lines with frosting! OR just dip them in colored candy melts...ahhhh what fun!

Linked to:

11 comments:

  1. those look sooo yummy! And you totally made my Saturday when Ben Fold's Luckiest came on. Love your blog, Lis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by last night, Lisa : ) But, most of all...thank you for your loving comment. It's ALWAYS such a blessing to hear from you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend with your precious family.

    Lots of love, Laura
    P.S. I am honored that you showed your mama my blog! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness these are precious-another thing I can't wait to make for my lil chitlins! although they may insist on no pink-you know boys-maybe I'll try a minty green frosting?? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are my favorite waffle cookies too. I'm sure it's even more wonderful after adding the fillings! Thanks for sharing.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very cute!

    No, I never feel guilty for taking short-cuts (baking wise)

    I've been doing a few shortcuts lately too. I also used sprinkles and store bought waffles to do "up" some treats this last month.

    Of course, I'm priveleged to live in the Netherlands - and I have access to more types of "waffle cookies"

    That said, I think when I visit the U.S. in a May, I'll bring some with me for others to have a taste of :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This totally counts as breakfast, right?

    I'd love to have you share this recipe on my Sweet Tooth Friday linky! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/24/cream-cheese-brownies/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again....I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. These are perfect for this month's theme. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

    Amy
    http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're quick. :) Thank you very much for participating in the Smackdown Battle. Best of luck to you!

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are sooo cute! My kids will love it, I can't wait to make these :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing wrong with a shortcut. Especially when the cookies are this pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea. So cute and fun to eat. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete