Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back-to-School=Back-to-Routine...Sunday



...Not really. Don't you love the idea of a simple life? I have always loved old story books and pictures of "the olden days", but was reminded by my Grandmother that times were HARD.

Sundays, for the most part are low key. After a Sunday afternoon nap, and feeling refreshed, I make up the Menu for the following week and do the grocery shopping. However, Sunday picnics and old neighborhood and forest walks are what we enjoy when the sun is out!

Having the cupboards stocked and the fridge full of groceries helps me to feel prepared and not in a state of panic {I know. It doesn't take much to send me over the edge!} first thing on Monday morning. I could go on and on, but I am trying to keep this blog SIMPLE.

I am grateful for each of you who read this blog. If it is the first time or one of many. I do pray for you and hope that You are blessed by it.

I have gotten enough e-mails from individuals to where I would like to clear up a few things. I am so NOT PERFECT, my hubby is NOT PERFECT, and my children are NOT PERFECT. It is through the grace of God that we are able to love, forgive, and LIVE lives that are full of joy...despite hardships, words that should never be said, hurt feelings, broken promises, physical pain, etc. What is written is usually the outcome of what are sometimes the most difficult of days. As my hubby is constantly reminding me...on those days where we are tempted to feel like we "have things figured out", he will throw out one of his favorite quotes by John Bradford, "...there but by the grace of God, go I". In fact, there are more days than not, that are filled with frustration and feelings of complete inadequacy.

I pray that if you are overwhelmed with life, you, too will come to know that God's grace is there for you. My prayer is that if you do know His saving grace, that you are able to cling to it when the storms of life are beating you down.


May you know and be filled with His GRACE today!

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog and all your creativity that God has gifted you with!!! thank you soooo much for sharing!! can't wait to read more =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU, Candace. It dawned on me after I was writing about back-to-school organization etc, People are probably thinking how archaic the ideas are! E-mail and other ways of communication are most likely used nowadays! I started laughing so hard! Times change! At least you can get a history lesson while reading! :} Love ya!

    ReplyDelete