Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back-to-School=Back-to Routine...Saturday


...hikes, parties, sipping tea, lemonade, and hot cider. Sleeping in, hot morning baths, reading in the afternoon, sports, friends, field trips, road trips, bike rides, museums, the beach, the mountains, the desert, a movie, family, homework, shopping, evening dinner guests, out-to-dinner, downtown, the river walk, night lights at the top-o-the-hill, dessert at twilight, picnincs, swimming, garage sailing, thrifting, visits and the list goes on and on...

What is YOUR very favorite thing to do or place to go on SATURDAY????

..........................................................................................................................................................................



Today, my hubby {the firefighter} is working and another dear person to our family, David is training to serve our COUNTRY. I must say that since September 11th, it has taken on a whole new meaning.

I was calling to wish my Momma a happy birthday on September 11th...not a happy day for anybody. So, it is difficult to go on with life...celebrating the ones you love so much...when there are so many people hurting to the very core of who they are for those that lost their lives. I almost feel guilty having a birthday cake and party!

So, as my hubby is at work today...along with all of the other First Responders, our U.S. Service Personnel, and unsung heros who unselfishly give to us everyday...I am so proud and grateful to those who are willing to sacrifice all they have for us who are at home reaping the benefits of the freedom they dilligently fight for. I love you, SCOTT and David!

Happy Birthday...to my dearest, sweetest Momma who also serves her family, friends and others unselfishly...you are an unsung hero...in my book. I love YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you honey for your kind words and may we never forget the 343 who gave their lives on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt's bday is today, too, and I say we celebrate those we love because otherwise the terrorists win!

    Thanks to your hubs for his service to his community and taking on a role to protect them. : )

    And also, my favorite things to do on a Saturday are pretty much anything w/ my nieces & nephews! Today I spent the day shoe shopping & toy shopping & it was funnnn because I was w/ Mom & Leyton! : )

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete