Tuesday, July 6, 2010

{Easy as Pie} Mini Mud Pie



AHHH! It is summer and today is going to be HOT! Very HOT! Wanna make mud pie? Here is my version. If you are a mud pie expert, please don't even look at how it was thrown together. All I know is I made a {as in ONE. ONLY one} mud pie many moons ago and well, that is why I haven't made one for so long. ANYBODY who has the patience to make all the layers and WAIT is truly a saint.

Here is a quick version...comparatively speaking. If you don't want to bother, you will just have to go stand in line at Red Robin...with everybody else...AND you will have to share...or not???

Ingredients:

Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream, softened
Oreos or Trader Joe's Joe's Oh's :), chopped...not too fine, just random
Mrs Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel Topping, heated a bit
Trader Joe's Organic Midnight Moo Chocolate Syrup
Whipping Cream
Cherries for the tippy top! DO NOT FORGET!!!!! Very Very Very IMPORTANT!

1. Line bottom of tart mold, jar, Demarle tray...whatever size or shape you want..with chopped cookies.
2. Spread a bit of vanilla ice cream on top of the cookie layer.
3. Drizzle with toppings.  BE GENEROUS!
4. Freeze for 10 minutes.
5. Spread with chocolate ice cream...I filled mine to the rim of my mold
6. Freeze until ready to serve. Be sure to cover with saran wrap so that your yummy dessert does not taste        like the freezer.
7. Take out of freezer {I just popped mine out of the DEMARLE molds} and top with whipped cream and...my favorite...THE CHERRY!

BECAUSE IT IS A CHERRY ON TOP KINDA DAY! Happy TUESDAY! xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Any one of those ingredients by itself is delicious. What's not to like about the recipe! I'm just afraid I'd get to Step 1 & Step 2, then never get to Step 3 or 4 etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait... It's summer today?! Why didn't I get the memo? But if that means it's time for mud pie, I'm all in!

    ReplyDelete