Wednesday, June 16, 2010

{mini} handmade berry pie



M was once a mini-pie,
Pidy,
Widy,
Tidy,
Pidy,
YUMMY insidy, mini-pie!

I used leftover berry syrup for my fruit filling. I thickened it right out of the fridge {no need to heat!} with a bit of CLEARJEL. Grammy's Pie Crust with a bit of lemon zest was just right. I used a 4 inch round, fluted DEMARLE cookie cutter for the dough and put about 1 tsp. of filling in the center. Use fork tines to seal the half-moon pie and brush with a silicone pastry brush dipped in one beaten egg. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top. Put the pies on Silpat{if you don't have one you NEED one} and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes. Aren't they sweet? Just small enough to enjoy with a cup of tea. That's right. HOT TEA.
It is going to be comfort food here because I am celebrating FALL until summer decides to show it's beautiful little face again. Maybe we will even have a fire INSIDE!! :) Too bad my honey isn't here to cuddle me tonight. Okay. That is it. Enough rambling.

Little rhyme adapted from Edward Lear...thank you Mr. Lear! :)

Shared with: tempt my tummy tuesday, titus tuesday

4 comments: