Monday, September 7, 2009

Focaccia Bread

Autumn signifies change. The lazy days of summer are coming to a screetching halt, the beginning of a new school year is a couple days away and it is time to hone things in. I love baking bread all year long, but there is something about freshly baked bread in the Fall. It is the fragrant smell of yumminess combined with chimney fires, piles of leaves and shorter days that makes everything just that much more delightful!



Focaccia Bread




Ingredients:

2 cups warm water

1 Tbsp. active dry yeast

3 cups bread flour

1 cup all purpose flour

1 Tbsp. sea salt

olive oil

rosemary

salt and pepper to taste OR Herbes de Provence


Directions:

In a measuring cup, add yeast to warm water.

In a large mixing bowl, mix flour and salt. Add yeast mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon
until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.

Cover dough and let rise for 1 to 1 ½ hours

Pour dough onto Silpat

Spread out with oiled hands and dimple using your knuckles.

Brush with olive oil and add chopped rosemary, salt, pepper etc.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

This may also be made on a well-oiled baking pan for crispier bread.

These can also be made in individual pans as well.
The ones pictured I made in a "twinkie" pan.


Shared with: Stone gable, comfy in the kitchen

5 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I'll have to make one regular and then try it gluten-free for Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite bread, this one is a keeper. Thank you for sharing it!

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you posted this recipe. One of my New Year's resolution was to learn to make bread. I'll make this recipe this week! Lisa, I need to start a "Lisa file" filled with all the great recipes I need to try.
    I'll let you know how I make out with the bread.
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, what program do you use to make printer friendly recipes? It is wonderful! I use site by google and it is not as polished as yours.
    Would you share?
    Thanks,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always on the lookout for a great foccacia recipe!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete