Monday, November 9, 2015

Pear Cider...The Perfect Hostess Gift

Happy Monday!!

Here we are well into the month of November which means that the HOLIDAYS are upon us.
In reading Psalm 9 this morning, I am reminded that in all of the hustle and bustle of the next couple of months it is most important to praise the LORD with my WHOLE heart...not part of it, not the leftover part, but my whole heart!! 

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
  I will tell of all your wonders, I will be glad and rejoice in you:
  I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."

I can't think of a better time than now to praise Him and sing of His wonders, can you?


Friends ask me quite frequently for hostess ideas that are quick, economical, and thoughtful.  This one is an old favorite, but I spiced it up a bit with pear juice instead of the traditional apple.  Pear juice is a bit more festive and will cover you for Thanksgiving and for Christmas.

The added benefit is that you will reap the benefits of smelling it simmer!!




Spiced Pear Cider
Lisa Pearson


2 quarts of pear juice {I use ORGANIC Santa Cruz}

2 lemons, cut into slices…less, if you aren’t a fan of citrus

2 Bosc pears, sliced

A fresh cinnamon stick



Heat pear juice with slices from 1 lemon and slices from 1 pear in crockpot.  Right before serving, remove the old lemon and pear and place fresh ones in your crockpot for serving.  A fresh cinnamon stick may be added as well.

If gifting, let it cool, pour it into a glass bottle and refrigerate until it is given as a gift.


Enjoy this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment