Sunday, September 23, 2012

Homemade Pan Release


This is gonna be the shortest post to date...at least, I think.

Since Scott's Firehouse Cornbread recipe seems to be a favorite around here...and we have received questions about the homemade pan release, I thought it deserved a little post of it's own.

Pan Release is a simple substitute for coating pans so that your food doesn't stick.  I think it works way better than sprays, but I am sure it is a matter of opinion.  :}

Here it is:

one part flour

one part oil

one part vegetable shortening {I use organic}

In other words if you are making one cup...you would use 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup vegetable shortening.

Simply whip it up in a blender or food processor and keep it in the fridge.
This beats the sprays that are filled with chemicals.
{Thank you, JULIA for the recipe!}

Happy AUTUMN baking!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn, Lisa! Hope you are enjoying some beautiful, fall days.
    I have never heard of homemade pan release before, but I really like the idea...I think I just may have to try it. The idea of not using chemicals is very appealing!
    Thanks for posting ~ blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make that all the time...thanks for the reminder! Not sure why I quit as I do find it troublesome to grease & then flour pans. I don't like using the chemical stuff at all. :/

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete