Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Psalm 25:4-7



Happy Tuesday to YOU!

This weekend, I was reminded of God's great mercy and love in so many ways.

Caleb arrived home safely from his mission's trip to the Philippines and the stories are incredible.  God used the team in ways that only God could orchestrate and the magnitude of His work will not be known until we are sitting in His presence.






Since I have had plenty of overwhelming moments and tend to sit down with my to do lists in attempt to write things down before I forget, I have really been asking God to go before me and to guide my days and to teach me.  He has been oh.so.very faithful.  He has gifted us with willing family and friends to help, phone calls at the perfect time of day, answered prayers within minutes of our requests...and the list goes on.  I am so thankful for my Savior who cares about the biggest concerns in our lives all the way down to the teeny tiniest of details.

A verse that is taped to my fridge is more near and dear to my heart than ever before.

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

Remember, O Lord, Your great mercy and love,
for they are from old.

Remember not the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to Your love remember me, for You are good, O Lord."

Psalm 25:4-7


I would challenge you to take baby steps in asking God to go before you and to teach you HIS ways.  I promise you will not be disappointed.  He is the most patient teacher and the most creative teacher you could ever ask for!


3 comments:

  1. Amen, Lisa. I can remember one pastor saying if you are praying for More Of Jesus-be careful what you are praying for because He will hit you like a ton of bricks and your life will never be the same-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to accept this challenge! Help keep me accountable?
    I thank God that you and I "met" through our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scripture! So happy Caleb is home and we can only imagine the impact these people have felt. I do ask God daily to direct my path. Sometimes there are rocks and sometimes just smooth sand. :)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete