One of our most.cherished wedding gifts were a box of homemade Christmas ornaments. Who thinks of ornaments when there are spatulas, toasters and bed sheets to think of?
We looked forward to decorating our first tree and then had the sweet memories of opening that little box of treasures.
As I was finishing Laurissa's HOPE CHEST, I added one last gift. A Wedding Ornament Keepsake for their first Christmas.
This last Christmas, I had made each family unit a vintage heirloom ornament out of old Christmas sheet music we used for caroling when we were little and so I decided to make one for David and Laurissa out of their wedding invitation. Sometimes the simplest things can be the most memorable.
* Leftover wedding invitations
* A glue stick
* A clear glass Christmas bulb
* A piece of twine or string to hang the ornament
How to make a wedding ornament keepsake:
1. Using a small scalloped punch, punch out favorite words and highlights from the invite.
2. With a glue stick, dab a bit across the top and place on a clear glass Christmas bulb.
3. Start at the top and work down, creating an overlapping pattern.
4. I tied a piece of twine that we used to wrap around the invites that were hand-delivered.