Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Easter Table Decor with Peat Pots


Happy Tuesday.  Hope those of you are participating in the "40 bags of stuff in 40 days" are having more fun with it than I am.  I had no idea how attached I had become to things.  I will be posting pictures of a sun dress I have had for 20 years.  I have pics with my babes to PROVE IT.  So, some of those things are now off to a new new home. Who knows, it may be a post you may want to skip...but unfortunately this is also our family blog which documents big things for us which may be of no interest to anybody else!  :}

Anyhoo, with our HOME feeling less-cluttered, fresh and the anticipation of Spring, I wanted to share a frugal find if you are hosting Easter in your home this year.  My Momma always brought the inside in.  It wasn't ever just at Christmas or at Easter, but she was always clipping things or picking things up to display in our home.  Although a fresh bouquet of tulips is always welcome, it is not always economical.  We planted rosemary about 15 years ago and it is still my go-to for cooking, year-round bouquets, gift toppers and everything else.  The plants were on sale {less than $10} and they have saved us so much $$. Can I tell you how nice it is to cut a sprig and tie it to a white washcloth for overnight guests?!  :}


I love starting plants for friends and for family.  Once the roots are nice and long, they are ready to plant in soil.


I bought this pack of 12 Peat Pots for $1.49.  I already had the soil outside and I used the rosemary starts I started weeks  ago.  


All you need to do is fill the adorable little pot about half full.


Then, place your start into the soil.



Fill the pot to the top and press the soil down to make sure your start feels packed in and secure.
Water just a tad.  That is it!


I think these are sweet little Easter table decorations.  If you want a simple tablescape:  Line up several pots and place them on a tray for garden row herbs.

There is quite a variety of sizes and styles of peat pots.  The trays are really cute, too!


Happy dreaming and planning!

Don't forget about the giveaway!










13 comments:

  1. I think this is a fantastic idea!! I have lots of rosemary in my garden and never thought to cut shoots off to make starters....duh! ;) I'm definitely doing this for my Easter table! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana...Thank YOU! I can't wait to see pictures. I am sure you will have an idea or two I can borrow from you. :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rosemary! I have never tried to make starters...(shame on me!}
    I have a window sill that needs a little March transition...this would be a perfect lift!
    Thank you!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne. I imagine they will look darling. They will love the light, too. Enjoy your touch of Spring!
    You are so welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never thought of doing this. I am headed out to snip some starts and then to the store for pots. I have some great tiny baby blue pots that would be very cute too! Oh, and won't the starts look cute sprouting in my vintage mini milk bottles in my kitchen window!! Thanks Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about it either, Donna, until I had left them in water for a bit longer than usual! :}

      Yes, I love the idea of putting them into mini milk bottles! How perfect for Spring! I see where Kimberly gets her amazing eye for beauty and creativity... xo

      Delete
  6. Love this idea! I have tulips on my table for now, but would love to add these, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and fresh looking idea! Burlap and peat pots just seem to go together, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I meant twine, twine and peat pots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too cute. My grandma is always clipping and growing things too, I have tried but my thumb is not green. However, it is becoming more green as the years go by. I'll have to try this with rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These rosemary pots are sooooo cute, I love rosemary! Sure wish I could see our ground...we have tons of snow, unfortunately ;-) Sorry I missed some posts, and the giveaway, but we were in Maine on vacation. Your lemon tart looked delicious, I bet your family enjoyed the treat!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your peat pots! New linky follower :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. I love them!

    ReplyDelete