Friday, February 17, 2012

Baby Felt Shoes


Happy Happy Friday!

This never has been a *sewing* blog and I think it is safe to say it never will be, but these little baby booties {I can't bring myself to call newborn shoes *shoes*.  Anyhoo, that is what they are listed under...so I guess that is what they are called.} are so much fun to make and I think they are adorable!

About a month or so ago, I asked my bff what I should make for baby gifts.  I was getting a bit tired of the old standard. When you are making handmade gifts...you want to look forward to making it and enjoy every drop of hot glue or, in this case...every stitch!  These darling little shoes were her suggestion!  I am so happy to have a new go-to for all these new little babies!  Spring is in the air!

I had made felt shoes before, but this pattern seemed to be much easier!  Yay for simplicity in the sewing world!

And if you are looking for an inexpensive gift to make this will be just perfect for you.

I had the felt from these little pea pods and some scrap fabric from baby pants Kim taught me how to make.  I think you could make this gift for less than $5.

Here is the pattern from Purl Bee.  You can make them simple or use your imagination and add to them.  I wanted to make little posies to match the baby pants...so I just stitched a few roughly cut circles and sewed them on well.  You do not want anything frilly being a choking hazard!

For the packaging:

1.  Take a little white cupcake box {I always buy white, so that it can be decorated with whatever might go with the theme!} and cut a sheet of scrapbooking paper to size for the top of the box.



2.  You can print out the name of the baby, print a monogram, or the name of the baby to go across the box.





3.  Embellish with whatever you may have on hand...even if it is a twig from the yard.  I had some diaper pins...so that is what I used.





4.  If you aren't sure how to stitch:  first of all, I LOVE YOU, and if I can figure it out anybody can.  I simply looked up blanket stitch up on YouTube and watched the tutorial about a million and one times again since I always forget how to to it.  :}



I promise next week will be a bit less PINK!  OH.MY.GOONESS!  I was perusing this last week looking for a link and our bloggy looks as if it has been bathed in Pepto Bismol!

Enjoy your weekend!


Shared with:  freckled laundry, at the picket fence, bowl full of lemons, pink saturday, how to nest for less

13 comments:

  1. What sweet, darling little shoes. I love them- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa... Too sweet and precious! They are darling... Cute for little feet and cute enough to set on a shelf as nursery decor! I love the packaging, too. You know I love the saying
    Babycakes! Plus, I love your little peas in a pod from a former post.
    Too cute. And I'm sure all the recipients of these gifts are so blessed. Handcrafted items really are a lost art. They are such treasures! Thanks for inspiring us! Keep it up , Sista!
    Paula R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUNNY! Those shoes are DARLING!!!!!!!!!! You must make 20 more pairs! SO, SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need a pink pair with green posies;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never too much pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you take orders for the slippers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous...the pattern I used is protected. They can't be sold. Trust me...you can make them. They are super easy and I am not one to sew. I usually glue gun. :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I have no need tomake baby shoes right now (sadly :() I just love these! And your card is so cute too. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  9. The felt baby shoes are so stinkin cute. I need to make some for a new little family member of ours. The box is also VERY cute.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your PINK is very pretty!
    thanks for sharing...and HAppy PINk SatURday!

    ciao bella.
    Creative Carmelina
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
    I simply adore these little Baby Cake shoes. They are absolutely precious. What a wonderful idea for that special little gift to add to a gift for a shower. Just priceless. I have always loved something made from the heart more than store bought. It has thought put into it.

    A cupcake box and the wrapping you share is so pretty and any Momma would be so tickled to open it. You did a great job.

    Thanks for sharing sweetie. Have a glorious Sunday. Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane (I am #21)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete