Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Words of Assurance



Old hymns have always been a favorite of mine. No matter how long it has been since they have been sung in church, heard on the radio, or read in old letters...the words always come back to mind along with the comfort they offer.

Several years ago, after a fall in our garage {Climbing the gorilla racks in flip flops is not the best idea!}, I was treated by an amazing doctor. He listened to me and was such a gentle, caring man who was in it for the long-haul with me. One day, a few years later, I called in desperation to get in with him. He was gone. Retired. Nowhere to be found. I sorta felt like my lifeline had been cut!

But God knows. Yesterday morning, I was scheduled for an appointment and my favorite doctor was there!! My hubby and I talked and talked to him for quite some time. I told him how happy I was to see him and how difficult it is to find a really really good doctor. He was so very gracious and said, "Well, I am here now." All day those words kept ringing in my ear. Seriously. It made me think of how powerful words can be...especially words of hope spoken by a doctor who is as thoughtful as a dad, words of comfort spoken by a dad to a frightened child and best of all words of assurance spoken to us from our Heavenly Father who knows exactly what is best for us.

As much as I LOVE the holidays and the fresh clean start that comes with the New Year {you know...the cleaning of cabinets and drawers, closets and shelves, making piles for Goodwill and for friends who love hand-me-downs} that is not what I was thinking about this morning. I was thinking about how grateful I am to my God who is gracious enough to show me mercy! I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am going to think things I should NOT think, say things I should NOT say, disappoint those I love...and the nastiness that is in me will be exposed for everyone to see at some point in time...and in my case, usually sooner than later!

But oh how good it is to know that our kind and gracious Jesus is always there. It is we who wander off, "retire" without any warning. We are the ones that are willing to cut our lifeline. But it is Jesus who will take the severed rope, tie a tight knot, and who will whisper in our ear, "I am here now...and ALWAYS will be"!

In this New Year, I pray that you will take time to seek the Lord and that His words of assurance will offer you HOPE like never before.

"The Lord is good to those whose HOPE is in HIM, to the one who seeks HIM."
Lamentations 3:25

Love to YOU!

The Pearson family


{This is one of my favorite pictures! It used to be Lauriss that had her arm around her little brother...now, it is Caleb who protects her and who is so affectionate with his sissy! The best gift ever!}

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for these words as I really needed to hear them.This past year has been without a doubt the hardest and most painful year of my life and just to know that my heavenly father is right there beside me, that keeps me going. Deidre~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Gorgeous photos of your family too. Thanks so much for sharing...and I'm glad to start a new year. A clean slate that God always provides!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deidre...You are welcome. I know that one day, you will be able to look back and see God's hand in the pain. He never breaks His promises. May you continue to know your Heavenly Father has you craddles in His arms! Love to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU, Pat. I hope you are feeling better. May this next year be one of jubilee! Love to you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these photos...
    Blessing to you in this new year friend!

    ReplyDelete