Tuesday, October 11, 2011

French Theme Week: Homemade Brioche in a {burlap} Bag






One of my very very favorite things about blogging is being able to share my dearest of friends with all of YOU! I am beyond blessed with the friends God has blessed me with and I count it an amazing privilege that they are to be enjoyed by so many others!

My spunky friend, Linda, who does NOT have a blog...but should...has the sweetest foreign exchange student staying with her. We met Laura this summer at our ANNUAL 1812 Overture gathering on the waterfront! She is from France and has the sweetest personality. You just can not help but to fall in love with her. She loves.loves to cook and to bake. Her contribution to the twilight picnic was brioche. It was so eggy and buttery that it instantly took me back to one of our visits to France! The only thing missing was the quaint pastry shops and the cobblestone alleys!


So, this is easy easy easy...especially if you have a bread maker.

I used our Kitchen Aid and it worked out just fine and dandy!


Laura's Brioche

Brioche
For the Bread Machine

1/3 c. warm water

3 eggs

2 egg yolks {Save the whites for brushing on top of bread after it has raised}

3/4 c. butter, softened

3 1/3 c. flour

1/2 c. sugar

2 t. active dry yeast
1 t. Sea salt



*Place the first 7 ingredients in the bread machine. Select dough cycle.

{DON'T PANIC!! Just place ingredients in bowl of stand mixer if you don't have a bread machine}

*Turn finished dough out onto a floured surface. {A ROULPAT is GREAT for this}



*Divide dough in 3 equal parts and braid, tucking in both ends. {I made four mini loaves...two to enjoy with dinner on our adorable anniversary bread boards and two loaves to share!}





*Let rise for 30 minutes.

*Preheat oven to 325*.

*Using a silicone pastry brush, paint egg white over dough.

*Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown.



For a fun little gift that is frugal and cute:

Can you tell I am really trying to use up my scraps???

Fold burlap to make a pouch and glue gun seams.

Cut a piece of burlap for a handle. Make it as thick or as thin as you would like.

Wrap Brioche with saran wrap and then in newsprint. Wrap with twine if you are bored and have nothing else to do!

Take a piece of fabric and stamp whatever you would like to personalize your Burlap Brioche Bag.

Glue gun around the outside of your fabric pouch leaving the top open for fresh herbs.

Deliver and Enjoy!






Merci, LAURA!

Shared with: freckled laundry, not so simple housewife, comfy in the kitchen, at the picket fence, teach me tuesday, simple country life

12 comments:

  1. My brioche buns dough is rising right now!! I love them so much. I started baking a double batch so I can enjoy them twice. I think I'll freeze half for some pulled pork sandwiches later this week. Tonight is hamburgers. Your braided brioche looks great too... Mmmm. maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brioche is my FAVORITE!! Your braided bread looks sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so lovely! I love the little bag it comes in. So cute and thrifty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky...your brioche buns sound really.really good! Maybe I will have to make buns next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Diana and Chels! I am not sure what was more fun...making the bread bags at braiding the dough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good. I can't wait to try this. Brioche is amazing and giving it as a gift is a super idea, especially in your adorable bag. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank YOU, Heather! I think I am going to have to experiment making more bread bags with different Fabrics and HOT GLUE! I hope you have fun making it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness this looks fabulous Lisa! Just beautiful and I'm sure it tastes amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us at Inspiration Friday, I'm going to be trying this recipe for sure!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've back the Brioche! Thank you for the recipe. What a wonderful gift this would make delivered to a friend while it's still warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so yummy! I need a bread machine!!! May I ask what herb that is? I've seen it before but don't know the name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so yummy! I need a bread machine!!! May I ask what herb that is? I've seen it before but don't know the name.

    ReplyDelete