Sunday, August 28, 2011

Easy as pie...PIE CHIPS






Hope you all had a lovely weekend! We are still having BEE.U.TEE.FULL sunshiney days and the sunset last light could have taken your breath away!

How blessed we are to have been given such a wonderful creation to enjoy! And to think that God has every sunrise and sunset and all the hours in between to display HIS amazing artistry is quite mind-boggling...and to know that not one second has been a repeat from the beginning of time until the end of this world is REALLY hard to grasp!

Our whole family loves AUTUMN! It is the smells...wood-burning fires welcoming guests in from the chilly Autumn air...warm applesauce made from apples that have been ripening all summer long...crisp cool nights that carry the aroma of change. HOT wassail that has simmered all.day.long. It is the carving of big ol' jack-o-lanterns and cozy blankets and lots and lots of candlelight...but for now it is still summer, but I had to do something a bit Autumny...before the changing out of summer. Just something teeny tiny...like mini leaf PIE CHIPS.




PIE CHIPS

1 box of frozen pie dough...or homemade if you are talented in that department! {I use Trader Joe's}

1 leaf cookie cutter

water

cinnamon sugar

Directions:

*Follow directions on box for thawing purposes

*Roll out dough and use your leaf cookie cutter for your pie chips.

*Place leaves onto SILPAT or onto parchment paper

*Using a pastry brush, brush with water and then sprinkle each leaf with cinnamon sugar

*Bake @ 450* for about 8 minutes or until golden brown

Remove from oven and ENJOY!

I baked pie filling in little bowls and we dipped out pie chips into the PIE DIP. Just a taste of AUTUMN...but I am really excited for the new season right around the corner!!!



This and That:

Since this blog is also our family "journal"...I have to write about our DATE NIGHT to see Josh Groban! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE piano music? I do.I do.I do. So much so that I am shocked that nobody left our wedding before it even started because my twinsie played all of our very favorite songs for 45 minutes before the wedding started! I have always loved listening to her play and am still insanely jealous that I took lessons for a LONG time and still don't have a clue how to read notes. Maybe we aren't really twinsies after all...because she is one talented girlie!

ANYHOO...back to date night. Our seats were SMACK DAB right in front of where he played and the whole entire night...I kept telling my hubby "THIS IS THE BEST DATE NIGHT EVER!" because it was! We took a long walk and saw the lights after the concert and it was so pretty! I think I might be packing my tennies next time, but then I might not be carried by my big strong hubby! So, heels it will be. ALWAYS!













HAPPY HAPPY ALMOST AUTUMN...kinda!



Shared with: stone gable

15 comments:

  1. The pie chips sound like a wonderful idea...especially the dipping them into pie filling part.

    I love that you got to see Josh Groban. I have followed him since before he was famous. Several years ago he was playing in a center court in a FL mall and I bought one of his first CDs. He is just a doll-very sweet....and I don't think success has spoiled him at all. He has visited our area twice for concerts in the past 5 years. It is always a blessing to see him!

    Great post- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Those look so good! What a fun night! I wish we lived closer! It would be so much fun to get together with our hubbies and enjoy a nice dinner outside at sunset! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nana Diana...yes, he is a delight! So very down-to-earth! I can see why he has so many fans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana...can you imagine the fun we would have with our hubbies? It would be awesome to be from the same state! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations this week! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have such a sweet fellow there and you both treat each other with love and respect. I know those pie leaves were a great treat for you all. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good concert!

    The pie chips are adorable. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am so ready for fall, cooler weather and decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun night. I can only comment because I love you, because if I didn't I would be so jealous I could not talk to you! JOSH!!!!! Be still my musical heart. Seriously, I am so thrilled you had a spectacular date night.
    LOVE those little leaves! Join ON THE MENU MONDAY with them. They must be shared!
    xo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pie chips are adorable! I've made them before with the 'scraps' from pie crusts, however, you make everything so beautiful. I will definitely use the little cookie cutters in the future!

    JOSH?? I'm so happy you were able to go and had such great seats! Your hubby rocks for this date night! :-) I love that you do that...it is so important for marriages.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of the pie chips, will have to try those soon! Anything is good with cinnamon sugar ;-)

    I am so jealous you got to hear Josh Groban....well, not really, but kinda! Love his music, sure hope I get to hear him someday myself. Sounds like the perfect date night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donnie...thank you! He is a great fellow. He is the best because he puts up with me and loves me despite all my flaws! I'm glad you like the pie chips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy...I hope you get a chance to see Josh one day. It is worth it...even if it is a bunch of presents wrapped into one! It will be a memorable date night for sure...just make sure to take an evening walk after! It is the cherry on the tippy tipsy TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yvonne...you can be jealous of the concert and I will be jealous every.time. I drool over your BLOG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Gypsy Heart...my mom always made us cinnamon sugar pie scraps, too...but mine looked like morphed snakes...I think my children would have been terrified to eat them, so out came the cute cookie cutters! I will pass the compliment on to my hubby for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had such a great time at the concert and the 25th reunion with you my sweet bride so looking forward to our upcoming getaway.

    Love Scott

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great date night! I LOVE JG too.
    Everything looks so yummy, I am gonna get pie crust tomorrow :)
    For fresh tomatoes, soft bread, fresh mayo thick slices of warm sun ripened tomatoes a little salt and pepper! Heaven in a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete