Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Amigo Dip Bowls



I thought it may be fun to share a recipe for lunch instead of dinner!

As I was going through some pictures...they all seem to look the same. We love Mexican food and the proof is in the repitition of pictures and ingredients!!! :}

Here is an easy dip to make and you can take it from here: You can let me know how you spice it up to make your family HAPPPPEEE!

Amigo Dip

2 ripe avocados, peeled and cut into chunks

8 oz. cream cheese, room temp

1/2 cup Daisy sour cream

1 tsp. lemon juice

2 Tbsp. milk

1 1/2 tsp. chili powder

*Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until nice and creamy

*Spread in the bottom of 4 bowls or tortilla bowls. {I made bread bowls out of leftover fry bread dough} WE LOVE BREAD!!!

*Layer the following ingredients on top:

Black beans or meat if you like... :} Depending if you want a light lunch

Shredded lettuce

Tomatoes, diced

Green onion

Olives

Sour cream and salsa

That is it!!!

Enjoy!

*This serves four

Appetizer variation: Just make it on a platter and serve it with mini tortilla chip rounds! This is perfect made up ahead of time.


Today's little project:



I got the 90's stenciling off this sweet petite garage sale treasure. It is going to be beautiful when it is "fixed up"!


Shared with: titus2sday, women living well

6 comments:

  1. YUM! I think little dip bowls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what I'm having tomorrow?! I always look forward to your recipes.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! And it sounds delicious! Love to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Jo...I can't wait to hear how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great and HEALTHY too, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete