Saturday, April 16, 2011

Frosted Animal Crackers {custom colors}



Baby shower season is HERE! Can I tell you how many people we know right now who are expecting? Too many to count!

I think animal crackers make a perfect party favor, but who wants to serve pink and white cookies when your shower colors are yellow, blue or green? What about purple, orange or red? {I know they have seasonal animal crackers with different colors, but if you are like me and thinking six months ahead of time is impossible!}

Aside from color choices, I am not always thrilled with the ingredients...so here is what I came up with...make them yourself in whatever color or shade you would like. Mix and Match and have fun. The possibilities are endless.

Ingredients:

Organic animal crackers {Trader Joe's}

Candy melts or white chocolate...if you don't mind a bit lumpy and thick

Food coloring in whatever color your little heart desires!

SPRINKLES

Directions:

*Lay the lil critters on a cooling rack...top side up.




*Melt candy in microwave in small increments...as not to scorch it.

*Add food coloring and stir.

*Dip each animal cookie {top side down} into melted candy.

*Sprinkle with sprinkles...and freeze for quick set-up!







"Animal crackers, and cocoa to drink,

That is the finest of suppers, I think;

When I'm grown up and can have what I please

I think I shall always insist upon these."

By: Christopher Morley




Idea shared with: Moms Crazy Cooking, tidy mom, at the picket fence

13 comments:

  1. What brand is your paper tag bunch? And what are the dimensions of the tag? I've been looking around for one like it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea...I love animal crackers!! I use to work at my cousins preschool when I was in college.I made and served hot lunches and snacks to 75 kiddo's...animal crackers were one of the kids favs! PS I'm sure they would have loved them dipped in chocolate even more :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen of Beaverton...it was a gift from here: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/pennynewton/...it is about 2" long by about 1 1/4" in width. Hope this helps. They carry a small square one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy, so cute! Happy Pink Saturday :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! I just may use that! I am now following you!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - perfect for a shower or little one's party!!

    If you get a sec, pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This idea is SOOOO cute! My next baby shower these are a MUST! (I will book mark this now)! These would also be CUTE for Easter in pastel colors!

    Myself and 2 other great bloggers are hosting THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS and the theme this week is "EASTER COOKIES & TREATS" and I think this is a great recipe for that! We would love for you to stop on by and link up your recipe if you wish! Hope to see you there!!! :-)

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Idea!! Just saw you on the Mom's Crazy Cooking Hop! Stop on over at my blog and link up this tasty recipe in my Easter/Spring Recipe/Idea Hop! If you have others, feel free to link up! I'll keep it going for a few months so you should get some visits from it!!!

    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-holiday-goodies-in-jar-and-blog.html

    Have a great weekend, SusieQTpies at Scraps of Life

    I'm following you on GFC now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this my granddaughter will love it as well thanks
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes, it is so easy to custom color desserts! Love the candy melts...makes it so easy!

    Susan @ Oh My! Creative

    ReplyDelete