Sunday, April 10, 2011

BABY SHOWER CURRY CHICKEN SALAD


Photo credit: My BFF Kim @ blubelstudio.com



Spring is HERE and that means outdoor party planning, picnics, bridal showers, luncheons and baby showers are being planned.

It is a good idea to have a few go-to recipes that will not disappoint and that are easily prepared in advance. We all know the "day of" is filled with enough last-minute challenges as is.

Although there are quite a few "curry haters" out there, this is a chicken salad even they will love and picky children will not {hopefully!} complain.

Happy Planning!






Curry Chicken Salad
Lisa Pearson


Ingredients:

6 cups cooked chicken, chopped

2 8oz. cans water chestnuts, drained and chopped

1 ¼ cups Best Foods Mayonnaise

1 tsp. sea salt

2 tsp. curry or to taste



Directions:

*Mix all ingredients together except water chestnuts.

*May be refrigerated overnight.

*Add water chestnuts before serving.

*Note: If I am boiling chicken breasts, I figure on one chicken breast per cup.

*You may want to add a bit more mayo before serving if needed.

Enjoy!

Shared with: pinkalicious thursday comfy in the kitchen stonegable

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a flavourful salad recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your header, and I must say, you are very pretty too. THANKS for your note on PINK day... Yes, I'm a tad bit late. BUT, my heart is still in it...Your note was such a blessing to me,it soooo warmed my heart and lifted my spirits..THANKS Sweetie...God has sure made a Special Woman when he created You!!!
    Prayers and Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmm sounds like a very tasty salad, i like it that you added water chestnuts, love the photo too, super cutee!! Have a Blessed Day! x Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad you posted this recipe! I just posted a curry chicken salad recipe on my cooking blog... but it had too much curry. I'll try yours next to see if it's my fav... Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! This is just a basic recipe, so you may add in other things if you like. Sometimes I add a few more water chestnuts for extra crunch. Our family likes this BEST served in Pitas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, this sounds wonderful! You have fabulous taste! Thanks for sharing today at Pinkalicious Thursday! I wanted to let you know I am hosting a new Linky Party this Sunday, July 17th called The Barter Bazaar. Barter your wares with other bloggers for free shopping (maybe a little shipping $). Spread the word!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    www.frugaliciousme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! I am a curry lover not hater so this could be my new fav. chicken salad recipe. Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting from On the Menu Monday. Blessings! Wanda

    ReplyDelete