Monday, March 14, 2011

Salmon Burgers with Special Sauce



Spring days can get quite crazy around here, especially when we are in the middle of home improvements and major spring cleaning. There are evenings when it would be way more convenient to just go out! So, here is one go-to dinner that is nutritious and delicious that is simple to prepare and everyone is happy with the menu...including our little dappled dachsund doggie.



Menu:

Water or Soda Pop...the good kind...no high fructose corn syrup, right? :)

Dinner Salad

Salmon Burgers...store bought

Pub Buns...extra durable and really good

Sweet Potato Fries...Trader Joes

Chips...Kettle Brand...no junk in them.

Side Condiments

ICE CTREAM!


Special Sauce {Dill Cream}

1 cup Daisy Sour Cream...best brand ever

1 garlic clove

1/2 tsp. sea salt

2 Tbsp. fresh dill...I freeze extra dill when I buy it.

1 serrrano pepper, deveined and seeds removed

Blend in blender or mini food processor. Chill until ready to use.

I always dip my chips in this sauce, too!

You will LOVE this spring green dip! It is BEE.U.TEE.FULL!


Enjoy!

Do you have a favorite go-to meal for busy spring evenings or do you enjoy going out to dinner or being invited to a friends home?


Happy Mundane Monday!

It's time to start winding down and I should be exhausted from painting the rest of our bedroom, baseboards, closets, closet doors etc., but the carpet is getting installed in the early A.M and I am so excited. My hubby and I are camping on the family room floor listening to Pandora {Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland and Ella Fitzgerald}

Caleb is packed for his Missions trip to Mexico and the little doggie is cuddled right between my hubby and I. I guess she thinks it is okay since we are on the floor. We will have to see about that! Nighty Night.



Edited and re-posted

3 comments:

  1. They sound really good especially that sauce. Your Monday's never sound mundane to me. Hope Caleb has a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to grill up those yummy chipotle burgers from the frozen section in costco and cut it up and put it on a bed of lettuce with other veggies and cheese. This sauce would be really good on it. And as you now know, I'm trying all sorts of new things, so this may just have to be one of them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, salmon is delicious! that's my plan for dinner tomorrow, as a matter of fact. safe trip to caleb & good luck w/ the pup's sleeping arrangements! ; )

    ReplyDelete