Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lime Infused Coconut Macaroons {Simply Addicting}




Lime Infused Coconut Macaroons
Adapted from my friend Maria


Ingredients:

2 egg whites

1/8 tsp. sea salt

1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

2 Tbsp. freshly grated lime zest

1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice

1 tsp. coconut extract

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 14 oz. packages of shredded, sweetened coconut

1 cup melted white chocolate {with desired coloring added}

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*

Line perforated baking sheet with SILPAT.

In a medium bowl, combine egg whites and salt and whisk for 2 minutes.

Add milk, zest, lime juice and extracts and combine

Fold in coconut

Using an ice cream scoop, make mounds that are about 2.5 inches and place about 1 inch apart on SILPAT.

Bake 20 minutes or until macaroons are golden brown.

Cool completely on a cooling rack.

When macaroons are cool, dip bottoms of macaroons in melted chocolate.

Place on ROULPAT or on parchment paper to set. Drizzle tops with the rest of your melted white or pastel colored chocolate.

ENJOY!

I can not find my Easter macaroons anywhere. I think I deleted them from my memory card. Guess I am going to have to make another batch...they are so adorable and YUMMEE! I wanted to add lime for a bit of green for spring. Light pink chocolate is simply sweet...if you want to make mini nests, mini CADBURY eggs are perfect for little birdie eggs! MAYBE TOMORROW...I will have a chance to make some more.

7 comments:

  1. Kara...thank you. They are super easy to make and they make a lot. Hope you get a chance to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I never thought to put lime in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Yes Yes, what a very special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jennifurla! I hope you can make them soon! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    Seriously...I love coconut and lime....these look amazing! Thank you SO much for linking up! I love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look super tasty - I love the flavor combinations!

    This is PERFECT for my new linky party, Foodie Friday. Please stop on over and link up!

    Oh - stopping in from Someday Crafts!

    ReplyDelete