Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!










I know I am a day late in wishing you all a happy spring...but every time I think I am going to have time to sit down to blog...something else needs to be done. So, if you are still reading my poor, neglected blog...sorry.

I am giddy about spring this year. REALLY, I am. We are just a few days shy of completing the kids' bedrooms and will only have the main bathroom left to do and honestly, I am in NO.RUSH.WHATSOEVER to start on another messy project!

It has been so nice to be able to go through so much stuff and be able to bless others with what we no longer need. It is so great. My hubby is not against garage sales, but he feels that since we have been blessed above and beyond what we need, we should be able to pass our things along to those who may need what we have. This is another reason I LOVE MY MAN. He is always so generous and he learned it from his parents. So, today he was able to promise a co-worker of his Caleb's catching gear and baseball equipment. He donated and cleaned out his chest-of-drawers so that a family who needed them would be able to enjoy the ones we were given over 20 years ago! The list goes on. I am not by any means trying to come across as "better than thou"...I am just encouraging you to look at what you have and think about how you may be able to bless someone with what you may be able to share. Not only will your home feel lighter and be easier to keep clean, but the thought of sharing what you have will be just what the doctor ordered for a very happy heart!

So far in March, we have celebrated five family birthdays, sent one child to Cali, one on a missions trip to Mexico, painted our bedroom twice {I changed my mind on the color}, ripped out carpet and floor staples, three trips to goodwill, two trips to the dump, dinners with friends, a saturday brunch, breakfast in bed for my honey, a wedding consult...which was a BLAST, menu planning for a dinner party...gonna stick with my go-to CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO LAVA CAKE IN HALF PINT JARS WITH HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM FOR DESSERT...NO MATTER WHAT!!! Cleaning out grammy's things...lotsa wrapping and cleaning and cleaning and wrapping. Today, I spent over an hour looking at old pictures. I loved it. I can not believe how incredibly neat and organized she is. Everything including old fabric is pressed and labeled! Files are immaculate and everything is accounted for. AMAZING!

I hope this post finds you happy and full of zest for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment