Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday...Sweet Twinsie of Mine!



{The good news is I only have one blog, the bad news is that I only have one blog...so, since it is my "journal" for my family...there is probably way too much blah.blah.blah going on for most or all of you. So, I am not assuming that everybody is interrested in our bathroom remodel drama, my pitty parties, and how I organize my home, but today is all about my twinsie! I hope you read it because I love to brag about my TWINSIE...if not...I promise it's okay!} :)

Happy Birthday, Laur! EEEKKK 42! Can you believe it? Oh what a year this has been. I am so happy to be journaling, because I love to read old entries and remember all the highlights of years past and look forward to all the new memories and adventures twinsies have to explore.

Aside from Mom, Grammas and Aunties, it was you Laur who shaped my ideas of how I wanted my home to be when I grew up.

Playing "home" as little girls was our favorite! Our baby dolls would be tucked into their cardboard box cribs at night and would be changed into their pretty homemade dresses before we would go to school. We would babysit eachother's babies, "invite" eachother over for dinners, clean house, make tea with our real live teapots...we would talk and talk for hours at night about traditions and things we would do when we "grew up". I am so thankful for your sisterly advice, comfort and love.

Never has a girl been as blessed as I to have a twinsie like YOU!

You, little Laur, were my first birthday gift...how grateful I am to our Heavenly Father for a gift as special and as thoughtful as YOU~

{I thought you may enjoy a sneek peek from a very rough draft of a book that my twinsie and I are writing together. She likened me to her editor this morning handing out deadlines, but I wanted to share a bit of her chapter on "home". Thank you, Laur...now, you can go have your coffee and take your walk!}

"When your thoughts turn to home, maybe you think about the wonderful aromas that greet you when you enter your house at the end of a long day. Whatever thoughts that surface concerning your home, it is probably a pretty safe bet to say that you see the need for it to be more than your physical house and your material possessions. It goes beyond the temporal and reaches into the priceless realm of relationships. Your home is not and cannot be limited to a mere coexistence of lives. It has to be that place where relationships are valued and where the constancy of love is guaranteed and continually being cultivated. Maybe it’s the relationships and memories. Or is it the feelings that well up deep inside of you when you think about the culmination of all those things?
As I sit here writing this, I am convinced that it is a combination of many things that make our house a home. I think it is really significant to look at our home environment when it comes to having a thriving relationship with our spouse as well as our family. Our home is where we retreat to when we are not working, and it is where our relationships are cultivated and reinforced. In a sense, our home acts as an anchor. When the raging waters of life surround us, we should know that we can come home and feel safe. When our home is anchored through the storm with Christ at the helm, it doesn’t prevent the storm from happening, but it certainly affects how we come through it."






Happy last day of birthday week!

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! : ) You two are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post...you two are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, even though you only do one blog, it's nice even for stranger to see twin photos. always lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to have a twin. Happy Birthday to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome and how fun!!! Happy Birthday to you both...I almost said "happy birthday to your twinsie...uhh...I think I need to go to sleep"!

    ReplyDelete